Menu
Dooncider
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere no so flash on Android

Hi, Have been trying to use the TV Anywhere App on tablet Lenovo Tab2. Hooks up to the TiVo and tries to load Live TV but screen just shows spinning circle. Tried downloading flash player but no joy doesn't work on laptop or PC either. Have looked at the posts and can't get it resolved. Strangely I don't see or get the option to register any devices, it searches but times out. Any advanced assistance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere no so flash on Android

Hi Dooncider, 

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear you've been having an issue with streaming from your Tab 2. 

On Android devices, you will need to download the TV Anywhere app from the Playstore. Once downloaded, sign in using your My VM details. 

You won't need to install Flash as the streaming will work through the app Smiley Happy

Let me know how you get on, we're here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Dooncider
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have downloaded the virgin app that's what I'm trying to use. No option to register device. Can control TiVo but when asked to watch on phone it just buffers with spinning circle. Doesn't work on laptop or PC either and don't see any devices in my profile. Wondering if it's really worth the effort.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dooncider, 

Thanks for coming back and apologies to hear that you've not had any success following on from Collette's advice. Smiley Sad

As it's happening with the online version of TV Anywhere as well as your Android device, it could well be an account issue although I'm not sure why it would use the Flash error message. 

Give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 so they can take remote access and see the issue first hand.

Let me know how it all goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Dooncider
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well phoned 150 and spent ages trying to resolve my TV Anywhere problems. I appreciate the time she took to help.

Unfortunatly I'm still no better off and have the same issue. Apparently the TV Anywhere doesn't work on Window 10 or XP.

Is that true? Android App still not working or registering. The Virgin Operator managed to log in to my account on their PC and all worked

fine which is nice to know but doesn't help me here. So the Profile is ok, although I still don't have or even get the option to register devices.

Just retried it on my Window 7 laptop and still same problems. You know what....just forget it it's not worth the effort. Waste of time.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

More guesswork & lies from VM agents.

TV Anywhere does indeed "work" (I use the term lightly) on Windows 10. I've always had best results in Windows 10 by using Firefox. Chrome won't work, Edge has been known to throw up errors, and as you have to use Firefox for Sky Sports, it made sense for me to use Firefox for both as it's the only browser proven to work across both platforms.

Flash must be up to date in your browser, and if you use Sky Movies or Sky Sports, you'll need an up-to-date install of Microsoft Silverlight too.

0 Kudos
Dooncider
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Now here's a turn up for the books. Logged on to my superhub and lowered the firewall setting to low and enabled a couple of other things related to packets and ports. Tried again on tablet and what do you know success and options to register device. Tried on laptop, running windows 10 and again works. Reset firewall to medium again and still good. So I'm good now. Whoohoo. Has it been worth the effort....probably not but it works.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dooncider, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this and it's great to hear you've found a resolution. 

Had you made any changes to the Superhub config settings before hand or were they set to default before you switched them? 

TV Anywhere will work with Windows 10 but XP is no longer supported by us. This isn't to say it won't work though Smiley Happy

Let me know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Dooncider
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I may have previously changed my Firewall setting to Medium but not sure what is set as default. Still running with it set at Medium.

If it works try not to fix it. Smiley Happy

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dooncider, 

That's spot on Smiley Happy I will definitely remember this if anyone else pops by with the same issue so thanks you Smiley Happy

If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos