Menu
michaelauty
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere no image and _flash_toXML error

Hi 

I think I have read nearly every post about this already and havent got anywhere over the 2-3 months I have been trying to fix it (doing it any quicker was impossible due to the device change limits) hopefully I have missed something.

This will be a reasonably advanced breakdown of whats going on, including information from the developer view accessed by F12

I am currently using Windows Edge and have the latest Flash enabled on windows 10.

When I load a channel I get a white box saying watch now with an X in a box in the top left corner, on the developer view I have 10 very similar console errors saying:

"HTTP500: SERVER ERROR - The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.
GET - http://vmp.grapeshot.co.uk/image-resize/sz=210x118;crop=LB;h=3c630933de78cf98529b698d54058978/http:/..."

When I select "Watch now" it goes blank, then a black box appears with a loading bar in it, then it all goes blank again ( as in just the background colour). In the f12 developer view I now have the following message in the Console

#Stage Video Failed to Load!
eval code (91) (1,7)

which when I click into that error to get the debugger I have the following

try { __flash__toXML(console.log("#Stage Video Failed to Load!")) ; } catch (e) { "<undefined/>"; }

Some people have suggested trying Firefox or IE might help, but in each of the last 2 months I have tried them and also been unsuccessful. I have also tried resetting my browsers

0 Kudos
michaelauty
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere no image and _flash_toXML error

UPDATE:

Just used this months device swap to go to Firefox, where it still doesnt work with the same issue of the blank back screen

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi michaelauty,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with TV Anywhere.

Could you check the Flash add-on settings in Firefox and make sure it is set to Always Activate?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
michaelauty
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ah so this is interesting

It wasnt set to auto-enabled in Firefox, setting it to auto-enabled has made big progress  Smiley Happy I now have audio, but no images. Any ideas about that?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi michaelauty,

Glad to see we're making progress!

What can you see on screen instead of the video?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos