Menu
aconnell
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere never works on Champion's League nights

I have a girlfriend. She does not like football. I therefore try to watch the Champion's League on my phone on Tuesday and Wednesday night's while she watches whatever on the telly. It never, ever works. I just constantly get told that there is 'high demand in my area'. I'm absolutely fed up with it, I pay an utter fortune each month for something that doesn't work. I'm going to give Richard Branson a wedgy if I ever get a hold of him. What's the score?
Sland
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere never works on Champion's League nights

aconnell wrote:
... What's the score?

Currently 1-0 to Man U and 3-1 to City

Sorry but I couldnt resist Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Sland
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

...and on a more serious note it seems to be the same again tonight.

0 Kudos
aconnell
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yup. Absolute nonsense this, never a problem watching Serie A games on a Sunday but I'm not as interested in Udinese v Palermo as I am in seeing Arsenal get a shoeing.
0 Kudos
mellis0
Dialled in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Same with me very disappointing to miss the coverage Smiley Sad because can't log in to TV Anywhere App on Andriod because its too busy.

Regards

Mark

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to get in touch with BT Sport, spell out for them how incompetent Virgin Media are, outline just how much action us subscribers are missing as a result and ask if there's any chance we might get to use their service directly (like we do with Sky Sports, who serve up fuss-free streams, and in HD too rather than the way below SD crap VM try to serve up that still always fails in match days.)

Virgin Media - you have had literally YEARS to sort this out. Yet, time and again, TV anywhere falls over in its entirety whenever there's a big match on, then magically springs to life immediately after the game. It doesn't take a genius to work out what's going on, which is just as well, as you've clearly not got any geniuses working on this.

Kath will pop in in the next day or two, and try to suggest that because it's working now, we need not worry about it. Unfortunately lip service isn't going to fix this longstanding issue.
Sland
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Crockret wrote:

Kath will pop in in the next day or two, and try to suggest that because it's working now, we need not worry about it. Unfortunately lip service isn't going to fix this longstanding issue.

I'm sure she will also have a lovely smiley at the end of her post as well to tell us how much VM care.  Unfortunately, those smileys have got to the point where they are just absolutely insulting!!!!!!!!!!

Crockret
Well-informed
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure she will also have a lovely smiley at the end of her post as well to tell us how much VM care.  Unfortunately, those smileys have got to the point where they are just absolutely insulting!!!!!!!!!!

Well quite. She might as well post, "WE DUNNO WOT WE DOIN LOL!111"

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Crockret wrote:

Well quite. She might as well post, "WE DUNNO WOT WE DOIN LOL!111"

That assumes that there will be a reply. It is quite obvious from various threads that the current stance is simply to ignore the "nuisance" posts that demand an answer to the growing number of problems.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
johnmel34
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

been in contact with ceo office about this and he said its a third party app bla bla bla and nothing to do with virgin media so its not down to them directly so he will speak to the apps people about this.
they all know about this problem but they will not do anything about it he said as not theirs.
so thats the end of that then as its just pot luck if you can log in.....
0 Kudos