Menu
wozzack
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere limitations

Just wondering if we are still going to have the ridiculous limitation of 2 devices and 1 change per month which seems pretty poor compared to other services. I have no issue with limiting concurrent access to 2 devices but we should be able to potentially use as many devices as we want, laptop, phone, tablet, different family members, etc

0 Kudos
bacus
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere limitations

Agreed. The TV Anywhere android app on my phone updated recently and when I opened it, it said I had to reregister my phone. On doing so, it still shows only 2 devices and 1 change a month. We've got lots of phones and tablets in the house, but this limit makes it very annoying and causes arguments as to who watches what on the main TV. The result - we hardly use it. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi both, 

Thanks for your post regarding this. 

It is something we've had lots of feedback on and we've taken this on board. Currently there aren't any plans to change the limits though. 

If and when we do, we'll let you know.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I know its related to licencing stuff as sky have the same limitation and complaints about it.

However could until that can be sorted out, at least be ignored if you're on the same lan as the tivo as its then sort of like having multi room on different devices..

Also it would be nice if device identification didn't rely so much, at least in the case of pc's on the OS and browser you're using, can't it just be based on the mac address or something that wont get messed up every time microsoft decided to update your version of windows?

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

stevedh2 wrote:

Hi, I know its related to licencing stuff as sky have the same limitation and complaints about it.

However could until that can be sorted out, at least be ignored if you're on the same lan as the tivo as its then sort of like having multi room on different devices..

Also it would be nice if device identification didn't rely so much, at least in the case of pc's on the OS and browser you're using, can't it just be based on the mac address or something that wont get messed up every time microsoft decided to update your version of windows?

I have always thought that this is complete nonsense and is the cause of a large number of posts.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's absolute nonsense, and whomever negotiated such a licence agreement should be pulled up for it.  The whole idea of TVA  is to provided an additional mobile service to customers.  What does it matter if there are two devices or five devices  -  there are no restrictions on the number of people who can watch a tv in a house at one time...

There's also no technical reason not to change the arrangement - it seems the answer of "there are no plans to change xxx but we'll let you know when there are..." is a standard 'try to get out of it' answer.