Menu
tedbovis
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere keeps crashing

I'm using TV Anywhere on my ipad over 5GHZ network from the virgin superhub. The app keeps crashing after 5-10 minutes of use or comes up with a message saying the pad needs to be authorised.

It's an ipad air with the latest ios and TV Anywhere software.

I don't know if it's an issue with my 5GHz network as other equipment that connects to it is having problems staying connected. This issue has only started occurring over the last couple of weeks and seems to correspond with virgin opening up our Super Hub for general access from the public as part of their new Wifi area.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere keeps crashing

Hi tedbovis, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with TV Anywhere crashing. 

I can say, hand on heart, that the new Virgin Media Wifi feature will have nothing to do with what's going on here. 

Does the app only crash if you are streaming a channel? 

If the 5ghz network is troublesome, are you able to connect the iPad to the 2.4ghz to see if this makes any difference?

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tedbovis
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response. I've had a good play today changing to the 2.4ghz network and the streaming has got worse. The quality of the pictures has reduced, the programs stall and the sound quality varies drastically ... and then it crashes after 10-15 mins. Thats when it even connected. Most of the time I was left with a message saying "one moment".

I changed back to the 5ghz network and the picture quality returned to normal but the app carried on crashing after anythime between 15 and 30 minutes.

I've also noticed that my iphone connection on the 5ghz network keeps dropping out when I'm streaming any type of video.

My internet is working fine but the performance of the wifi side has drastically reduced in the last couple of months.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi tedbovis, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

I'm sorry my suggestion didn't make any difference to the crashing. 

I think the first thing we need to sort out here would be the actual wifi connection as it sounds as though once this is sorted, the problem with the app will go away too. 

I've not been able to locate your account to look at the stats on your hub so have sent you a private message. 

Once I have your reply, I can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi tedbovis, 

Thanks so much for coming back to me with the account details. 

I've taken a look at the account and things are looking good with your power levels and timeouts which is usually what causes the wifi to drop. There may be some congestion on the line so it's worth changing the channel to optimise your connection. 

These links will help you do that:

http://virg.co/WiFiHelp

Once you've done this, try loading other players such as iPlayer and Netflix to see if things have improved. If so try TV Anywhere again and let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos