Menu
chuffer123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere issues on iPad

I'm having issues watching TV Anywhere on my iPad! If I'm at home it picks up my wifi and Tivo box no problem - and I can stream with no problems. Its when I'm on a.n.other wifi that I experience problems.

I have secured wifi access at work but when I try to 'Watch Now' I only get the option to Watch on TV. Also the info icon, the remote control icon at the top right of the screen and the one nexct to it are greyed out with an explamation mark over it. When I click on anything I get an error - Not connected to Tivo Box on Home Network - To use this feature you will need to connect your TiVo box to the same home network as this device.

I have looked for resolutions online, tried rebooting TiVo box, etc ,etc but still experiencing the same issue. Obviously something I'm missing but I cannot work out what??!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere issues on iPad

The greyed out symbols and the message are correct as these functions are only available on your home network.

If you cannot stream then are you sure you are actually trying to stream a channel that can be streamed?  Not all channels can be streamed, just those with the wifi symbol. Try 104.

0 Kudos
chuffer123
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok - thanks for that.

Yep - I can stream Ch4 but not much else! Yet I have the full XL TV package and can stream everything when on my home wifi.

So I guess the question is why can't I stream Sky/BT Sports when I'm not on my home wifi? Pointless being able to stream it at home as I watch it on the TV if I'm at home. I need those channels when I'm not at home - I pay for them so frustrated that I can't get them when I'm 'mobile' 

0 Kudos
chuffer123
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

All sorted!!! Couple of reboots and some other jiggery pokery and all working!!