Menu
mattypompey
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere issue getting 'unauthorized modifications' using Polatab Octacore 10

Hi folks,

I'm trying to use the TV anywhere app and am getting the 'unauthorized modifications' error message. I'm using a he Polatab Octacore 10 inch tablet. Not rooted no SU app running lollipop.

Any pointers? Can I use the Ff browser web based service instead?

Cheers!Cat Surprised  😬😬

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere issue

No it isn't, i've checked multiple times. It's unrooted straight from supplier. Any ideas?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+Polatab+Octacore+rooted%3F

"The other issue I had with this tablet is that is arrives rooted at a factory level which isn't mentioned in the specs. This means that apps such as Sky Player and Blinkbox won't work due to rooted devices being too easily used to illegally obtain movies. This can't be resolved. I also believe the rooting issue is why Chromecast functionality is very patchy and unreliable. It works fine with YouTube but Netflix, BubbleuPnP and BBC iPlayer all had problems."

"Apparently, the PolaTab Elite is already Rooted. So you get total freedom, total access. Please Note: Some users are reporting that the Rooting of this device was not completed correctly. This could lead to problems down the line with Apps that require Root access."

All Replies
mattypompey
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere issue

Hi folks,

I'm trying to use the TV anywhere app and am getting the 'unauthorized modifications' error message. I'm using a he Polatab Octacore 10 inch tablet. Not rooted no SU app running lollipop.

Any pointers? Can I use the Ff browser web based service instead?

Cheers!Cat Surprised  😬😬

0 Kudos
Hitesh_Kataria
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

There is a national outage with VM TV Anywhere service however it's a intermittent fault, sometime it works and sometimes not, it's should be fixed by today EOD if everything goes well.

Mozilla Firefox will be the best compatible browser to use if watching TV anywhere on a PC or a laptop.

😊
mattypompey
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the info. I look forward to it being up and running again! 😁😁😁
0 Kudos
mattypompey
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help on this issue? I still can't get TV Anywhere to work on the above platform. I get the 'unauthorised modification' error. I have tried using the FF browser too. Is it that my device is just not compatible? Why would that be? Will there be device upgrades in the near future?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/10-1-Android-Lollipop-Octa-Tablet/dp/B00WIII29S

Thanks guys.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's rooted, so will never work with TV Anywhere.

0 Kudos
mattypompey
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No it isn't, i've checked multiple times. It's unrooted straight from supplier. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I would guess the device is not fully supported.

More info on Android devices and TVA here.
http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=4327&CURRENT_C...

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+Polatab+Octacore+rooted%3F

"The other issue I had with this tablet is that is arrives rooted at a factory level which isn't mentioned in the specs. This means that apps such as Sky Player and Blinkbox won't work due to rooted devices being too easily used to illegally obtain movies. This can't be resolved. I also believe the rooting issue is why Chromecast functionality is very patchy and unreliable. It works fine with YouTube but Netflix, BubbleuPnP and BBC iPlayer all had problems."

"Apparently, the PolaTab Elite is already Rooted. So you get total freedom, total access. Please Note: Some users are reporting that the Rooting of this device was not completed correctly. This could lead to problems down the line with Apps that require Root access."

mattypompey
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. You were correct about this and I was wrong. I asked the manufacturer. Apparently it has an unusual Kernel that somehow renders a negative when a rooting query is made by a utility. Thanks again
0 Kudos