Menu
PhilipSG
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere issue - Device limits

I have been using my Laptop for the last 12 to watch the sport, without any issues until a couple of days ago when I started to receive "Device limit reached" messages. I have only two devices registered which it the same two I have been using without issues. I tried to deregister and then register the laptop which seemed to go ok but I am still getting "Device limit reached" messages and as you only get one go a month I am stuck until next month now before I can try again.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from the title of this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere issue - Device limits

Hi PhilipSG,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've still not been able to log in and register your device since a previous fault was picked up last week. Smiley Sad 

The fault we had open for this was resolved for a week or so now but another change would need to be added for you to register the device. I have gone in to the account today and done this so you now have 1 change to use. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up the TV Anywhere site and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. 

Follow the prompts and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

PS - Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi PhilipSG,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've still not been able to log in and register your device since a previous fault was picked up last week. Smiley Sad 

The fault we had open for this was resolved for a week or so now but another change would need to be added for you to register the device. I have gone in to the account today and done this so you now have 1 change to use. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up the TV Anywhere site and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. 

Follow the prompts and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

PS - Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
PhilipSG
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath, followed you instructions and now I have one of my devices up and running. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi PhilipSG, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know things are resolved now. Smiley Happy 

If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
PhilipSG
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just when you thought things were going well. I tried to use this last night and I am again getting the Device Limits reached error message, and as the number of changes you can do a month is so restricted you can't even troubleshoot the problem.

This service has gone from something very useful that I used all the time, to impossible to use.

Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there PhilipSG,

Really sorry to hear that you were having device registration issues again.

I've had a look at your account and I can see that since this post, you gave us a call to resolve this.

I hope it's all working okay for you now.

I've added a further device change on there for you should you need it.

Let me know if you'd like any further assistance,

Nat.

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
PhilipSG
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yep working again I managed to get someone at your technical support (via Chat) to reset it again on the 18th and it still seems to be working, so fingers crossed

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi PhilipSG,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know things are resolved now. Smiley Happy

If you have any further issues you know where to find us. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
PhilipSG
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have been l checking my access to Virgin TV anywhere and have noticed that it depends on which browser I open depends on if I get the “Device Limit Reached” message.

Using Windows 10 I have the following results from the same computer:

Internet Explorer 11       Working

Microsoft Edge              Device Limit Reached

Firefox                           Device Limit Reached

If the service is “Device” specific why does it seem to be/or is it, browser specific as well?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi PhilipSG, 

Thanks for coming back to us again on this. 

Changing browsers can sometimes count as a change. For some reason the system thinks you are using a different device even though you are not. 

You should always use the same browser as you registered the device with and stick with it for streaming.

As it's working with Internet Explorer stick with this. 

If you would like to change the browser then you can do this come the 1st August. Just make sure you delete the registration first. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos