Menu
Crusoe
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere inaccessible via web or app

Is there a known issue around this?

The app worked fine yesterday, today I'm unable to login - "Communication Error: There was a problem connecting to the TiVo service" - and the website doesn't work either - "Access Denied: Sorry, TV Anywhere is only available to Virgin TV customers". I rebooted my box last night to get on-demand working again after the recent issues, but that's the only thing that's different today.

After weeks of issues with on-demand and catch-up and before that the app requiring constant logins, this is extremely poor.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere inaccessible via web or app

that usually means stuff is broke at Virgin(s) end & you just have to wait for service to be restored. it may be fine the next time you try it 

0 Kudos
severnbore
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The problem is, when they close down for repair, service or any error - they can't put up the appropriate message.

Therefore you get the wrong error message leading to confusion,  helpline is almost in dark half the time.  Is this an account issue? does my account need resetting, etc.

But no, simply they have the wrong error message, bet ya!

As for when it will be back up and running, the Q is ''how long is a piece of string''  could be next time you try, longest offline has been about nearly a week, but that's exceptional.

0 Kudos
EssexPaul
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have been unable to log into TV Anywhere with either my mobile or tablet (both registered) this morning. I have a lot of trouble with TV Anywhere (I gave it a 1 star rating in Play Store). I have had to re-register my devices on many occasions.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

severnbore wrote:

The problem is, when they close down for repair, service or any error - they can't put up the appropriate message.

yes, it seems that app asks remote server a question - like is this a valid account- get no response or times out, jumps to the wrong conclusion.

badly written app,  

1st question the app should be asking  is " is anyone there" - and say " sorry, service not available" if no confirmation is forthcoming

it is also under-resouced servers that cannot handle demand ( though its hard soo see why there's still any demand - it is so bad that most users shoudl have given up long ago - I did

0 Kudos