Menu
Black_dog
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere iOS Update v3.1.4

I have just updated the app and as indicated the app requests the device to be registered to watch TV. Unfortunately I have two devices and am only allowed to change one, except I am not making any changes, I am only trying to get the two devices that were previously registered working again. Please VM, sort this out - if you issue an update that means you may need to re-register then please allow users to at least re-register both of their devices. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere iOS Update v3.1.4

I didn't have to re-register my iPad Mini.

0 Kudos
Black_dog
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie - both my devices required re-registering.

0 Kudos
jb30
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Been on to the TV Anywhere team and they allegedly had not heard of any issues. No quick fix available in terms of allowing you to re-register two devices because of the update so the problem has been escalated up in to the IT team.

How anybody can launch an app upgrade without investigating the impact is beyond me.

0 Kudos
Black_dog
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks JB30 - I hadn't got round to contacting them - I am surprised that they were aware that the issue may cause you to re-register devices but hadn't considered that people may not actually be able to re-register any or all of their devices because of the limited number of changes per month.

Unfortunately, I do feel the level of service has dropped over the last year and it's things like this that do not help - This could have been averted by simply allowing everyone to add the maximum number of devices after the update.

0 Kudos