Menu
Nialli
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere iOS Apps not accepting my log in details

Since upgrading my iOS devices to the new 9.3.4 standard I have found that the TV Anywhere App refuses my log in details ("Invalid user name or password"). Nothing wrong with my account details - I can log in fine on my laptop via the website. Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Nialli
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere iOS Apps not accepting my log in details

I didn't need to re-register my devices: I've resolved my issue this morning by deleting the TV Anywhere app on both my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2, turning the devices off completely, restarting, reinstalling the app and then it accepted my username and password. I've not had to do this before when updating iOS software but at least I now know what to do if it happens again.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nialli, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. Apologies to hear you've been having an issue streaming TV Anywhere Smiley Sad 

Whenever you update the app or the OS then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

Follow the prompts on the screen and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Nialli
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I didn't need to re-register my devices: I've resolved my issue this morning by deleting the TV Anywhere app on both my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2, turning the devices off completely, restarting, reinstalling the app and then it accepted my username and password. I've not had to do this before when updating iOS software but at least I now know what to do if it happens again.

0 Kudos
Netonthenet70
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I've tried both methods - deleting apps and then reinstalling, no joy. I have also logged in via a laptop to manage devices but no devices exist. I've registered the laptop and I can watch via the laptop which it does but im still not able to login via my iPad - login details are apparently incorrect!!

Any ideas??

0 Kudos
Netonthenet70
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I've tried to delete the device after logging via a laptop to my account but no devices hare been registered. I've tried adding the laptop (which works) but the iPad doesn't allow me to login. I've tried deleting the app rebooting the iPad and then reinstalling but still no luck. My login details are not being accepted.

any ideas?

0 Kudos
AdeTheJambo
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just downloaded and installed TV Anywhere on iPad - same problem - Invalid username or password - which they are not. Sort this out.

0 Kudos
AdeTheJambo
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Went on to online chat to investigate - told no agents available try again later. If that is the situation at 3:30pm on a Monday afternoon what are the chances of it being less busy in the evening. Hopeless.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi AdeTheJambo,

I'm sorry that you are still experiencing problems getting your iOS devices registered on TV Anywhere. As this is an ongoing repeated problem for you please give us a call on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone), or contact us via WebChat on Contact Us (if you get the busy message, please keep refreshing the page so that you can get through to the next available agent).

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos