Menu
RPT
Joining in
Message 1 of 18 (225 Views)

TV Anywhere has stopped working on Windows 7 Laptop

Hello there,

I am a long time user of TV Anywhere but over the past week I have been unable to stream live TV on my laptop.

I am running Windows 7 SP1, IE 11 and the latest version of Adobe Flash. I have deregistered and re-registered the device, reinstalled Adobe Flash and installed Firefox and registered my device in there but all browsers are showing a broken icon in the top left of the viewing window and when 'Watch Now' is selected, the viewing window goes black and then disappears.

I am able to view live feeds without issue on a Windows 10 PC at the same location.

I have now depleted my device changes for this month.

Please help.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 18 (193 Views)

Re: TV Anywhere has stopped working on Windows 7 Laptop

firebox have abandoned/ disabled flash because it is a security risk

IE11 + Silverlight plugin is probably your only option now

0 Kudos
RPT
Joining in
Message 3 of 18 (178 Views)

Sorry, that response doesn't really help. An official reply would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 4 of 18 (173 Views)

For the last 3 days I have the exact same problem in IE11 on a machine that was running Windows 7 before its free W10 upgrade. My other laptop (also upgraded to W10 but from W8.1) has Firefox as its TV Anywhere browser & that can stream OK. I too re-registered the failed device, reinstalled Flash but it didn't help.

TV Anywhere relies on Flash, not Silverlight so any changes to Silverlight won't help.

Forum Team
Message 5 of 18 (144 Views)

Hi there RPT,

Sorry to hear about the trouble experienced with TV Anywhere.

I've had a look into this and I'm now seeing two registered devices. I've re-synced your subscriptions for you and ensured that a device change is available should you experience further trouble (hopefully not!). Smiley Happy

Let me know if you're still having trouble since posting,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18 (143 Views)

Sorry to hear that you're also having issues with this Crockret,

I've ensured that the same has been applied for you as above.

Get back to me if you're still having this problem,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 7 of 18 (137 Views)

RPT wrote:

Sorry, that response doesn't really help. An official reply would be appreciated.

sorry - the official position is it's a great, reliable, well-supported app. most/all problems are due to PEBCAK - Google it

( and the fact that it still does not work for many android 6  or Nougat devices is the owner's silly fault for not staying on less secure android 5 or 4

( the official position ignores that flash is one of the worst security risks on the net, depreciated / blocked by almost all browsers, and coded-in only my morons - but hey- that's just my opinion. I'm sure that the 2 devices per family limit is also doing its bit for planetary overcrowding Smiley Happy )

I'm out of here

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 8 of 18 (123 Views)

I appreciate the extra device change, but I don't really know what to do with it. Since IE11 stopped working for me I have:

- deleted & re-registered the device in IE11
- deleted & re-registered the device in Firefox 52 ESR with Flash updated and always allowed

Neither made any difference at all. Firefox 52 is working just fine on my other Windows 10 machine.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 18 (96 Views)

For over a week now I have been having similar problems as described by other users. The screen goes black, then grey and doesn't play. I have tried loading Firefox and updating my flash player but, surprise surprise, this makes no difference. Before this week it had worked fine for months. I would appreciate some help in understanding what has changed in a week to stop it from working.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 18 (95 Views)

I've encountered the same problem in the last week also. Once logged into TV anywhere I get the black then grey blank screen. I have tried following the advice given on here but nothing has worked. Highly frustrating as it had been working fine for months before then and I wonder what has changed to make it stop working?

0 Kudos