Menu
tentman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere getting message Unauthorized Modification Detected since the latest update!

Everything was working fine 4 days ago and today I get this message. My phone is a Oneplus running Cyanogen but is not rooted. Can somebody shed some light.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere getting message Unauthorized Modification Detected since the latest update!

The official line is going to be "we don't support Cyanogen on handset x"

The unofficial line is- as I guess you suspect its going to be cyanogen causing the issue. Some might say if you look round where one would acquire a Cyanogen build, you may well find some compatible apps as well... Smiley Wink

LMAO you must be in a minority of one if your running a Cyanogen build without root. I know its not a requirement but its pretty much a given....Only reason I can think is for app compatibility. Again, where builds live, modded apps live. Its been an eXcellent Day this end A great day for for Developers and that...

tentman
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere getting message Unauthorized Modification Detected since the latest update!

Kippies wrote:

The official line is going to be "we don't support Cyanogen on handset x"

The unofficial line is- as I guess you suspect its going to be cyanogen causing the issue. Some might say if you look round where one would acquire a Cyanogen build, you may well find some compatible apps as well... Smiley Wink

LMAO you must be in a minority of one if your running a Cyanogen build without root. I know its not a requirement but its pretty much a given....Only reason I can think is for app compatibility. Again, where builds live, modded apps live. Its been an eXcellent Day this end A great day for for Developers and that...

Thanks for the heads up, but I cant find anything for the latest version of TVA.

Regarding the root state, I bought the phone for the price and spec not for the rooting ability, it comes with cyanogen 11S as a standard OS and worked perfectly a few days ago but this latest revision doesn't. 

0 Kudos
tentman
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

FIXED! for now.

I have re-installed the older version of TV Anywhere 2.1 and everything is working again, of course this wont work should I upgrade to lollipop but for now with KitKat it is a workaround.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi tentman, 

Thanks for your post with this workaround. 

I have popped an email over to the TV Anywhere team to see if the Cyanogen has anything to do with it so i'll get back to you shortly. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
johnmclane
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My android device is not rooted and TV nowhere keeps telling me that it is. What a waste of time. My archos 101 cobalt tablet running android 4.2.2 as never worked with TV nowhere but i thought after the updates there might be a chance. No way im just being told Live TV streaming will not work if unauthorized modifications have been made to android which they haven't.Its just a glorified remote control.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi johnmclane, 

Thanks for posting. 

I have already responded to your post here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Rooted-Phones-or-Tablets/m-p/2789530#M21400

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue as otherwise duplicate threads will be deleted. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
jitee
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have tried to find the older version (2.1) of TV Anywhere, but when I installed it the newest version (2.2) installed instead. Help me!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi jitee, 

I have already replied to your post here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-anywhere-streaming-on-one-plus-one/m-p/2804517#M...

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue as otherwise duplicate threads will be deleted.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos