Menu
warrenbrier
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere dose not recognize my device anymore ?

I have been watching TV anywhere on the same PC now for 2 years.

Yesterday I signed in and it popped up a message : " the device your on is not one of the registered devices ?...strange .. Ok so I went to device settings deleted my device then re  registered my device "AGAIN" .. everything seemed fine I watched TV all day. This morning I signed in and got the SAME MESSAGE !!!! Only now I used up my 1 change per month ! so now I can not watch TV Anywhere for a month ! what's going on here ?? I need it sorting out I cannot watch TV at home I work away I pay for TiVo so I can watch TV Anywhere so if that doesn't work then I'm going to have to go elsewhere  Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
HUp66
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere dose not recognize my device anymore ?

There are many with the same issue. I spoke to someone today that says it is a problem with tv anywhere in general and they are working on fixing it. You can have your monthly device quota reset by speaking to someone at virgin, but I suggest you use the online chat help (http://virginmedia.com/contact then click on tv, then tv anywhere and finally click on chat online in the suggested answers box). However this only resets the quota and as I found out earlier, the problem still persists after you logout again.

Also clearing cache and cookies didn't help in my case, as someone suggested in another thread.

0 Kudos
warrenbrier
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you HUP66

Smiley Happy  very helpful

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi warrenbrier,

Thanks for your posts and apologies regarding the issues you are currently facing with TV Anywhere.

We're aware there is an open fault and are working to get things fixed as soon as possible. 

You can keep up to date on the fault here: TV Anywhere fault

Apologies once again for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
warrenbrier
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you karen
will i get compensated for missing 2 episodes of antiques roadshow ?
Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Rootz
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is really annoying and still not sorted. I want to watch the EU referendum but hey i can not. Second time now that i get device not registered. You should have fixed that by now as the referendum is an important thing. Pretty let down tbh and annoyed.

0 Kudos
sidtv
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sort it out VM!

This has gone on for days now, if you did not have superior broadband no one would use you.

That is the only reason i still put up with all your BS problems and stay.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Everyone,  

Thanks so much for your patience whilst we are looking in to this fault. 

Just to give you an update, the teams have been working on this and we are still looking for a root cause. 

As a work around we are able to add a device change for you which will allow you to register the device however as soon as you log out, you will get the same error again. To get the change added, please give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and follow the options to speak to the Broadband Faults team. 

I know this isn't the best solution but it is only a work around until we can get things back to normal for you. 

Keep an eye on the sticky here for further updates: TV Anywhere Device Registration

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos