Menu
LeonTray
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere does not connect to TiVo despite being on the same network...

My TiVo box is connected to my router by an Ethernet cable. My iPad is connected to the same network by wifi & I am able to view the list of my recordings that are on my TiVo box.

When I request to watch something I have recorded, I am told that there is no TIVo box on my network and that I should consult the setup guide.

Everything is as it should be & I have checked the majority of the TV Anywhere forum requests, but nothing seems to help.

I have restarted my TiVo box, deleted and reinstalled the app on my iPhone & iPad, checked the connection permissions on the TiVo and on my devices listed on my account.

How can I resolve this issue? It is starting to get very annoying...

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere does not connect to TiVo despite being on the same network...

Are you trying to watch recorded shows on your iPad?

VM are very good at letting the sales literature (and sales people) make you think that you can do this.  You can't, and never have been able to.  All you can do is stream live TV, manage TiVo recordings, and use your portable device as a TiVo remote.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Are you trying to watch recorded shows on your iPad?

VM are very good at letting the sales literature (and sales people) make you think that you can do this.  You can't, and never have been able to.  All you can do is stream live TV, manage TiVo recordings, and use your portable device as a TiVo remote.

0 Kudos
LeonTray
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That's interesting & highly infuriating, but thanks for letting me know.

I can't even use my iPad as a remote either.

It's pretty underhanded of VM to fool us all like this, not impressed.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi LeonTray,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the ForumSmiley Happy Sorry to hear that you are having problems using your iPad as a TiVo® remote on the TV Anywhere service.

Have you tried the instructions on our Help Pages? If you haven't, here's the link: Control TiVo using the Virgin TV Anywhere app

Please let me know how you get on with this if you haven't tried this before.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos