Menu
liamn86
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere device registration

I've already made 1 device change this month and now since since updating my MacBook, I am being prompted to re-register it. Problem is, I am getting an error message saying "device limit reached" and I can no longer make any more changes until next month. How do I overcome this issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere device registration

Hi liamn86,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. Apologies to hear you've been having an issue streaming TV Anywhere Smiley Sad If you updated the OS or the browser then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

I have added a device change for you to use so if you follow the prompts on the screen, this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi liamn86,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. Apologies to hear you've been having an issue streaming TV Anywhere Smiley Sad If you updated the OS or the browser then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

I have added a device change for you to use so if you follow the prompts on the screen, this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

tooomsmiiith
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi kath, I am also having difficulties registering my device for TV anywhere. When I go onto device settings it says it is unable to detect my device? Is a brand new laptop so wouldnt think hardware would be an issue. There is anything you could do to help would really appreciate it, Thanks!

0 Kudos
Dantempest
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had my iPad registered for some time now and no issues until I tried to watch the sport last night.

i was only getting the tv option and not the iPad option I usually get.

so I regesitered and renamed my iPad  Message I get now is telling me to register device.

so annoyed as I only upgraded my package recently to watch the sport

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi tooomsmiiith, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

When there is an issue detecting the device, it's usually attributed to the Flash Player. If this is a brand new laptop, this may not yet be installed. 

Go to the Adobe flash website and make sure you are downloading the latest version of Flash. 

Also what browser are you using? Make sure you are using either Internet Explorer or Firefox and that the cookies are enabled on this browser. 

Come back and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Blackfamuk
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Last week I had to re register my sons laptop even though we had been using for over a year. This Week like last it does not recognise his laptop but we cannot re register it because we did that last week. How can we resolve this?

0 Kudos
Dantempest
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had the same issue with iPad, I called the virgin tv on demand team, I was on for two hours. They tried everything, but could not get it working.

finally I was given two new options for new devices, the second one worked.

good luck

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Blackfamuk

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems with your sons laptop at the moment, did you manage to get this working in the end?

If not, clear the cookies and cache from the browser you're using and give that a go, if you've not got any remaining changes left to try this just get in touch and I'll see about getting that sorted for the time being.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos