Menu
Sleepystujam
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere device registration problem

I recently had to reboot my laptop & since then i've been unable to watch Sky Movies or Sky Sports on TV anywhere, a message saying "unable to register this device. You have already used your device changes this month. [s:267/c:1110]" appears on the screen.  When i go to my device register i only have my laptop registered & an available slot i can't seem to access. Hope someone can help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere device registration problem

Hi Sleepstujam, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to see a new face in the crowd. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue using your laptop since you performed the reboot on this. 

Whenever you reset anything, you would be required to re-register your device. You'd need to re-register it with TV Anywhere as well as for use with Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

I have gone into the account and added a device change on both platforms for you to do this. 

To re-register for TV Anywhere go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Delete your laptop so it's no longer registered and then delete the cache, cookies and historys from your browser. Using Internet Explorer or Firefox, go back to TV Anywhere and select On Now > Channel 4. Once here click to Watch Now and then follow the registration prompts. Streaming should then work. 

To re-register for use with the Sky websites go to either the Sky Movies or Sky Sports website and log in after clicking on the VM logo. Attempt to stream and this will automatically re-register your device. 

Let me know how things go and remember I'm here if you need further help.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Sleepystujam
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath F

I followed your instructions & it's letting us see any channels but Sky Movies & Sky Sports, the message "Unable to register device. You have already used your device changes this month." is still appearing. When I clicked on the Sky Movies & Sky Sports heading in My Profile, it says I've no registration changes available this month & there are no devices registered. Hope you can help.

Kind regards

Sleepystujam

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sleepystujam, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this, much appreciated. 

Checking things today it looks as though I missed the change on the Sky platform. I think I had a dose of the Monday blues Smiley Wink

Not to worry though, I've gone ahead and added that change for the Sky Platform for you. If you attempt streaming from your device it should register automatically. 

We can only add 1 device change per month so if you have a second device, you'll need to wait until March 1st to register it. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Sleepystujam
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath F

Sorry about not getting back sooner, i'm afraid to say when I now try & watch any sky movies or sky sports it just seems to stay on the "detecting your device" spinning icon for hours. I'm using Mozilla Firefox as the search engine, could this have anything to do with the problem.  Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sleepystujam

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sleepystujam 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Sorry to read you're still having issues with registering your laptop for Sky Sports/Sky Movies. 

As long the Firefox version is 3 or higher it should detect your device.

Have you tried a different browser just in case? You can try Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, depending on the Windows you have on your laptop?

If you prefer to use Firefox, try deleting the cache/cookies to see if that will work for you. 

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sleepystujam
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam

I uninstalled then reinstalled another version of Firefox & it's finally working.  Many thanks for your help. Kind regards Sleepystujam

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sleepystujam

Thanks for the reply.

I'm glad that a re-install of Firefox has now resolved this issue for you.

If there are any further issues, by all means get back in touch.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Live_Steam_Mad
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I am also having a problem being able to see any TV, on my Android phone. I download and install the Virgin TV Anywhere App from the Play Store, I launch the App, I sign into the app with my Virgin user name and password, then get a message on how I can still use the app to see TV on my phone, despite me only having an older Virgin V box (standard definition), and NOT a TiVO box, I click OK and then it takes me to the TV Guide, and I click on any of the items showing in that list that have a WiFi streaming symbol next to it, as instructed. But all I get is a static picture which says "LIVE" under it someway down. I did see in Settings for the app that it seems to want to Register my "device" in order for me to be able to see TV. So I try this in Settings / General / Device Registration, and it says "Technical Error" and then "We are unable to access "Device Registration" at the moment, please try again later". 

I am using v4.0.1-968542 of the Virgin TV Anywhere app, my Android is version 6.0, my phone is apparently NOT rooted (I have NOT modified it since I got it), my phone brand is Timmy, my phone's model number is M20, my phone's software in "Wireless Update" in Android / Settings / System / About phone is up to date, I haven't own this phone for more than about a month and it was brand new when bought, my RAM is 1GB, my onboard memory is 16GB, my SOC is MediaTek 6737 Quad Core 1.25GHz. It's a generic Chinese made Android smartphone.

Everything else on the phone (except the compass!) works, Youtube and BBC Iplayer work a treat on it, just not TV Anywhere. Please Help?

BTW TV anywhere works fine on my laptop.

Regards,

Alistair G.

0 Kudos