Menu
dharper
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere - device can't stream

I have downloaded the TV Anywhere app on my phone (Samsung S3) and chosen my TIVO box, I can see all the programmes in the channel guide.  Some only give me the option to view on my TV (which I don't understand) and others give me the option to watch on my phone.  However, when I choose the phone option (and I have done this on many channels) I get the following message ...

Device Can't Stream - This channel is not available for streaming on this network type. Check out our FAQs to see which channels are avaialbe for streaming.

It is definitely linking to my TIVO box because I can see My Shows.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
pdoth
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere - device can't stream

Did you ever get anywhere on this? The 'instructions' say, "only programs with the Wi-Fy sign next to them can be streamed. Problem is NO PROGRAMS have the wi-fy sign next to them.

If this is the norm, it seems to me the whole 'Tv-Anywhere' hing is a complete waste of time.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere - device can't stream

It's not the programs that have the wifi symbol. It's the channels. You can set the app to only display the streaming channels. Try channel 104 or any of the other 100 channels that can be streamed.

0 Kudos