Menu
whalliday
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere asking for registeration, but both devices already refistered and no changes available

I currently have two devices listed as being registered which have always worked in the past - until today! This evening I attempted to use the app on one of those devices, only to get an error message saying the device needs to be registered - despite the fact that it is shown as registered.  I cannot delete and re-register as I have no changes available as used up change deleting and registering Laptop kast night??????

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere asking for registeration, but both devices already refistered and no changes available

We're all in the same boat. Day 5, and all we've had from anyone at VM is one forum post, incorrectly recognising the problem.

As usual, Virgin Media could have saved a lot of people a lot of time & effort posting by simply updating the service status page. But the service status page is oblivious to this problem. Or even better than keeping paying customers informed, they could, you know, just fix it rather than do nothing at all, which displays nothing but contempt for their paying customers time after time. 

ripthemichael
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere asking for registeration, but both devices already refistered and no changes available

Yup getting really fed up with this and being fobbed off with "well it's a free service so tough" Dear VM if you read this please note it isn't free as it will be built in to what we pay somehow, nothing in life is free except for air and water at the mo

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere asking for registeration, but both devices already refistered and no changes avai...

Hi whalliday, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having a new face here even though the circumstances are less than great. We are aware of this issue. 

Just to give you an update, the teams have been working on this and we hope to have a resolution soon. 

As a work around we are able to add a device change for you which will allow you to register the device however as soon as you log out, you will get the same error again. To get the change added, please give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and follow the options to speak to the Broadband Faults team. 

I know this isn't the best solution but it is only a work around until we can get things back to normal for you. 

Keep an eye on the sticky here for further updates: TV Anywhere Device Registration

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
whalliday
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere asking for registeration, but both devices already refistered and no changes avai...

As you admit the issues surely the easiest temp measure is a daily device change if not a total ability to change devices if outages occur.
Tags (1)