Menu
woryan
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere as long as its at home

I've just been informed by one of your employees that the TV Anywhere only works if you are at home on your Virgin broadband and that I wouldn't be able to use it if I were anywhere else. This hardly qualifies it to be called TV Anywhere. I was told when I was signing up for your service that I would be able to watch TV while at work and switched from Sky with that reassurance. Now I find out I've been lied to. Can someone explain to me what the problem is and where you get off calling it TV Anywhere? If I want to watch TV at home I can do it on my TV. I want to register my computer at work as my second device but am unable to do so.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere as long as its at home

You can use TV Anywhere to watch Live TV and On Demand when you're in the UK and connected to WiFi, you don't have to only be at home.

When not connected to WiFi you can manage your TiVo or V6 box for Series Links and recordings.

In regards to registering your Work PC, you'd need to make sure it's a compatible device and that you're work isn't blocking the connection to TV Anywhere
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can use TV Anywhere away from, if you're using the phone\tablet app it has be on Wi-Fi rather than mobile data but a computer should be able to use it anywhere in the UK.

0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well, he got that wrong!

You can watch TV Anywhere  - anywhere as long as you have the wifi and a registered device!

If it isn't working a work - then look to that computer OR the firewall placed by your work IT... ZVNK ...

0 Kudos
woryan
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

I appreciate your quick response. My Mac at work meets all requirements and the network doesn't block such things. I used to watch Sky and BT Sports with no issues. I was told the situation by a Virgin Media customer service representative when I called to get some help. I didn't just make it up. So any advice? The site doesn't recognize the computer I'm on as the device I want to register or it times out before it can detect a device. Even though the device I want it to detect is the device I'm on!

Will
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky use different technology to Virgin Media for their browser based services.

On a Mac you need to be using either Safari or Firefox. Chrome is not currently supported for TV Anywhere itself.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos