Menu
notmyrealname
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere app

Whatever time of the day or night I try to log in I get the message "exceptionally high demand please try in a few minutes" ........why.??
0 Kudos
AlanMac1
Dialled in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere app

If there is football on don't bother as the system cannot hack it - not suitable for the purpose.

But, if any other time you "should" be able to sign in. That does not necessarily mean you will be able to connect and stream anything mind you. At the moment I can sign in but get the dreaded "crikes" messaged there is nothing on.
AlanMac1
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

After adding my post above I "tried again" and success - I managed to sign in and view the streaming list.

So, I then tried to select a program and I got the blank (grey screen) "again"

I did see that Football FA cup is on so my comment above still holds true.

"If there is football on don't bother as the system cannot hack it - not suitable for the purpose"
notmyrealname
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Like I say "Whatever the time of day or night".. Football match or not makes no difference, iPad and iPod both the same
0 Kudos
notmyrealname
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just deleted app from iPad then reinstalled it.......no different
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi notmyrealname,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've not had any luck watching any of the streaming channels on TV Anywhere Smiley Sad

Checking the account, I'm not seeing an iPad registered for use with TV Anywhere. Only the iPod and a laptop. You are only able to register 2 devices for use with TV Anywhere so if you are wanting to use your iPad, you will need to remove either the iPod or Laptop first. 

Using the Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the laptop registration by clicking on the Delete button. 
Once you've done this, using the iPad you are trying to register, open up the TV Anywhere app and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. 

Follow the prompts on the app and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence.

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
notmyrealname
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So why is the iPod so hit and miss then, oh btw the iPad has been used dozens of times?
0 Kudos
notmyrealname
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And why would the iPad that has been used many times before give a message about "trying later" if it was a registration issue?
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi notmyrealname, 

Thanks again for coming back to me Smiley Happy

The error you are getting on your iPad would be un-related to the registration issue the iPod is having. 

This error could well be down to high demand at the time you were trying. Try and stream channel 4 for me now, is that working?

Did you get a chance to register your iPod?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos