Menu
annehm
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere app

Hi 

I am trying to use the TV anywhere app for the first time and I keep getting an error message which says connect failed / unable to connect to TiVo, check connections and try again. 

How do I sort this out?

many thanks for any help on this. 

Anne

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere app

Hi Anne, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It's great to have you here. Apologies for the delay in replying. I've been off over the Christmas and New Years period but am back now and here to help where I can.

When exactly does this error message pop up?

What are you trying to do when this error shows?

Have you been able to sign in to the app? If so click on channel 4 and Watch Now. Does this start streaming?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
annehm
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

I open the app then log in. It starts to connect but I get the following error message.

"Unable to connect to your TiVo box. Please check your connections and then press 'try again' to retry."

I have not fiddled with anything since the Virgin engineer installed everything back in August so I don't know what connection the error message is referring to. My TiVo box is not directly linked to my super hub 2 router as far as I can tell so I wonder if that is the problem?

If that is the problem should the engineer have connected them?

Kind regards
Anne
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Anne, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy

In order for you to use the app as a remote function you would need an ethernet cable running from the hub to your TiVo®. This isn't something the engineer would do as standard. It's down to you if you want to make that connection. 

If you are just wanting to live stream then this connection doesn't need to be made. Try streaming channel 4. Do you get the same error message? 

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
annehm
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath
How can I stream channel 4 via the app when after I sign in I immediately get the error message I told you about. If I hit the try again button it makes me sign in again! I don't get into the home page of the app at all.

Perhaps you could tell me what should happen when I sign into the app.

Kind regards
Anne
annehm
Tuning in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Kath
I have watched the video about how to set up and use the tv anywhere app and my problem starts immediately after i fill in the log in box i should then see a colourful page where i need to register my device but i dont get to that page, i just get the error message telling me it unable to connect to my tivo box!?
Something is definitely very wrong i have deleted the app and downloaded it again but the same thing happens again. i dont want to use the app as a remote control, i just want access to programmes.
kind regards Anne
0 Kudos
J_M
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Can you add me too to the list of people having issues signing to the TV Anywhere app?

I get the following message. 

"We're currently experiencing high levels of demand and are having difficulty connecting to your TiVO service. Please try again in a few minutes."

I have had this issue since the app update. Tried several different times during the days since the update and still the same problem.

I'd get it all the time previously. However around 0100 hours on Thursday I was able to sign in no problem, but still not during "normal" hours.

The TiVO box is not on my network, so I've never been able to stream programmes recorded on it but have always been able to watch some live or catch up programmes and access recording schedules or set up recordings.

Thanks

J_M Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
J_M
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi VM Team

Still having the same issues, however..... the app does work on my phone if I'm not connected to wifi by my virgin superhub. So if i turn wifi off on my phone & connect via mobile data then I can always access my TiVO via the app, the minute I turn back to wifi via the superhub then I get the same "Due to high demand" error again.

Tried rebooting all devices & still the same issue, so it would seem this could be a network issue with the broadband opposed to the TiVO connection.

Hope this helps.

J_M Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
annehm
Tuning in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately my issue with tv anywhere is not resolved if I turn off wifi on my phone. It's exactly the same problem with mobile data or with wifi.

I wonder if my problem might be because my Virgin account might not recognise the fact that I have a TiVo box. I cannot think of anything else that is barring me from getting the app to work.
0 Kudos
Elaine46
Joining in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I'm having exactly the same problem. If it won't let us sign into the app then how can we start streaming channel 4? There's no option to start streaming any channel. just error message. Mine is saying it's due to the fact the hub and TiVo box are in different rooms.
Elaine
0 Kudos