Menu
hansi
Superfast
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere app

This app is amazing! There I was on the top of a mountain in Norway albeit with a wifi signal available, and I logged in and recorded a programme I forgot to do before I left home. I was a bit doubtful whether it work work, but it did. Outstanding!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere app

In fact, the ability to manage TiVo does not require a wifi connection; it can operate over a mobile data connection.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi hansi, 

Thanks for your positive comments on the TV Anywhere app. 

It's great to hear such great feedback. 

You can discover everything you need to know about TV Anywhere here: http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/on-the-go/welcome.html 

If you have any further queries, questions or feedback then just let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hansi wrote:

This app is amazing! There I was on the top of a mountain in Norway albeit with a wifi signal available, and I logged in and recorded a programme I forgot to do before I left home. I was a bit doubtful whether it work work, but it did. Outstanding!

Wow, amazing. You can set recordings from atop a mountain in Norway via the app while I can't set recordings from my sofa using the web site version because it is screwed.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
hansi
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. What I was trying to say that we seem just to take for granted the fantastic technology that is available. Who would have ever thought that you could programme your TV a thousand miles away from  home!

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hansi wrote:

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. What I was trying to say that we seem just to take for granted the fantastic technology that is available. Who would have ever thought that you could programme your TV a thousand miles away from  home!

And the point I am making is that while I do not particularly wish to set recordings when I am 1000 miles from home, it would be useful if they could get the "fantastic" technology to work a little bit closer to home.

I am on my sofa,posting on my laptop, but unable to programme recordings via self-same laptop. The technology was possible but VM screwed it up over six months ago and can't be bothered to fix it.

Sometimes getting the the simplest technology to work is better for more people than some all-singing and dancing toy with a more limited use.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos