Menu
Siddo_d
Tuning in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere app streaming over 3G

On the TV Anywhere app I am unable to stream channels over 3G. Why is this? When I had Sky I was able to stream over 3G with my Sky Go app; it was much more convenient than having to search for a WIFI signal. 

Helpful Answers
Forum Manager (Retired) Kieren_A
Forum Manager (Retired)
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere app streaming over 3G

Hi Siddo,

Unfortunately this functionality is not currently supported, however I will pass on your feedback to the product development team. Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Kieren Aris
Deputy Community Manager

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Manager (Retired) Kieren_A
Forum Manager (Retired)
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Siddo,

Unfortunately this functionality is not currently supported, however I will pass on your feedback to the product development team. Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Kieren Aris
Deputy Community Manager

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
0 Kudos
alancuthbertson
Joining in
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I agree totally, still unable to does this and it certainly does not qualify as "tv anywhere". I think this seriously needs to be looked at as i have just left sky tv (had virgin internet for around 15 years) and im very disappointed with the virgin anytime for more than one reason! No streaming over 3g, can only have 1 primary device! All other aspects is great and beats sky hands down but in this day and age people need tv on the go and it appears to be one very weak area with virgin media
0 Kudos
logan30
Joining in
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

When I first had the app it let me do it on 3G, even though the description said it couldn't be done. Then they updated the app and took this "glitch" out so it has to be wifi. There must be an actual reason why Virgin doesn't allow this. Surely it doesn't cost them anymore money
0 Kudos
mark1616
Tuning in
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

So, almost 9 months on and this still hasn't been sorted out. I've just signed up for this service and can't believe in this day and age Virgin is stopping us using our high speed data plans as we see fit by blocking 3G/4G access.

People are asking for it, Sky already does it, so why can't we have it?
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Licensing agreement with the broadcasters
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
mark1616
Tuning in
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Wow, really? Is that documented somewhere? How does Sky get around this?

So, if that is the case, then using my same iPhone and turning it into a hotspot, then using one of my other devices, that is perfectly fine? Surely licensing wise it is identical?

Seems pretty silly to me as a user.

paultrademark
Well-informed
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

gary_dexter wrote:
Licensing agreement with the broadcasters

Source?

1TB TiVo, 500GB TiVo,
XL TV, 200MB BB, M Phone
If you like my post or want to thank me, click on the Kudos Star or Mark my answer as helpful
0 Kudos
audiobookman
Superfast
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

well lets look at it this way, multiroom has virtually no useable channels to stream between rooms on a closed network, it looks like the same restrictions are in for the tv NOwhere app as well. The broadcasters restrictions excuse is getting very old now especially when you consider that sky do this capably over 3 Blooming G.

Until virgin sort out that mess i cannot see tv NOwhere being any use in the near future.

the only thing ive found this app to be useful for was to record the footie the other night when i was at work and the wife wasnt answering the phone, but i was able to do this on an old app about 2 years ago when i first got tivo.

0 Kudos
Dawesy
Joining in
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

This really needs sorting. Only being able to use over wifi doesn't make it 'TV ANYWHERE'.
Sky have been doing it for years bout time virgin got with the times.
Also for those who say 'it's to do with the broadcasters' can you explain the difference between viewing over wifi on a mobile device and viewing over 3G?