Menu
Langton012
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere app/registering a device

I'll be the first to admit that I'm never the brightest in the room, however I'm not that bad when it comes to computers and software.

However login in, registering a device and watching anything on tvnowhere is proving nigh on impossible.

I'm running a 2015 mac book pro and no matter what I've tried two hrs of my life has been wasted on this garbage software.

The VM website help is a joke and the word help should be removed, what I need is a step by step walkthrough to get up and running, if not a cancellation is in the offing soon.

0 Kudos
Langton012
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere app/registering a device

I'd like to add that the online chat system is hopeless, why bother if nobody can/willing to help. VM has quite possibly the worst support going, if things don't improve pronto I'm heading back to Sky/bt combo.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere app/registering a device

Hi Langton012,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue getting registered with TV Anywhere.

I think we need to start all the way at the beginning as if TV Anywhere has never even been looked at before on your Macbook. 

Currently there is a Macbook Pro registered so, go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings and delete the device from the 'My Registered Devices' section. 

Once you've done this, delete the cache, cookies and browsing history from the browser you are using. Restart the device by turning the power off and back on. We're also going to restart the TiVo® by turning the power off and leaving off for 5 minutes. Turn it back on and allow to full set back up.

Go back to your Macbook and open up a compatible Web browser and go to anywhere.virginmedia.com (Technical requirements for using Virgin TV Anywhere) Sign in using your primary account details. Go to the channel listings by clicking 'On Now' and select Channel 4 > Watch Now > Watch On Device. This should then prompt you to register the device. Follow the prompts on the screen and this will register the device for you and streaming should then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know what happens at this point.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos