Menu
djrock
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere app problem

Hello, Is there something wrong with vm's servers? For the past day keep getting "due to high demand can't connect to you're TiVo service. Try again in a few minutes." I have rebooted the box.

It's abit of a joke if all you want to do is control the TiVo box when on the same network as it but app relies on vm's servers to authenticate you.

Thankyou
0 Kudos
djrock
Joining in
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere app problem

Nobody has any ideas what's wrong??

Thankyou
0 Kudos
scatterkeir
Dialled in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I often get this in the evenings, annoying when all I want to do is look at my planned recordings, and sometimes the app assumes the failure is due to an invalid username or password and forgets my passwords and I have to keep typing it in again, which is a pain as I have a strong password that's fiddly, with plenty of shifts. Almost always when I'm doing this I have no problem logging in via the browser on my PC, so it's not that the service is too busy, it's that one element of it has inadequate capacity.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi djrock and scatterkeir,

Thank you for your posts on the Community Forum. Apologies for the problems you have experienced with high demand on TV Anywhere.

This issue was escalated to our TV Anywhere technicians who have advised us yesterday that this issue has been resolved.

This is certainly a problem that we are keeping an eye on, so if you do have this issue again, please let us know so that we can get back to the technicians.

Regards,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
djrock
Joining in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri, Still not working for me.

I don't understand why the designers thought it was a good idea to have you login for simple functions like the remote control??

The way they should of done it is for simple tasks while at home on wifi, the TiVo box has a list of devices that are allowed. Then stuff like watching a tv channel the app uses your login details or asks you for them.

My Samsung tv for its remote control app does it the way of adding devices to its allow list.

I don't use the app for tv streaming just for controlling the TiVo box and its really annoying if all I want to do is look at the TV guide, find and record a programme, delete a recording without disturbing the tv watching.

Thankyou
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi djrock, 

Thanks for coming back and apologies to hear things are not working for you. 

As good of an idea that is, it's simply not possible. 

In order for the app to work, it needs to connect to your account to confirm you have an active TiVo® subscription. It also needs access to your account to determine which package you are on. 

I understand it maybe frustrating having to log in all the time but it is a necessity. 

With regards to logging in, is it only via the app you are having the issue? What happens when you try to log in to via the website on a PC / Laptop?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
djrock
Joining in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F, I have tried logging in through the website and I can control my TiVo box, so its just the app. I have remove it from my iPhone 3GS and reinstalled it but still the same. I have rebooted the phone still the same.

Thankyou
0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Ah.

The 3GS can only update to iOS6. The latest update to TV Anywhere relies on iOS7 or later.
0 Kudos
djrock
Joining in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi, so what did vm do on Thursday the 7th to break the last supported version of the app for iOS 6?? It was working perfectly.

Thankyou
0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I'll leave that for VM to answer, but in the meantime, have you tried using your phone's browser? You'll get an unsupported browser message but I think you should be able to log in & manage TiVo anyway.

0 Kudos