Menu
Nighest
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere app only acts as a remote control - don't even get the option to stream

Hi,

I am baffled by TV Anywhere.

I can see and connect to my TiVo via my iPhone 6 (running iOS 9). I can set recordings, and see my shows. That's all fine.

However, when I try and watch show (say from my work office), I get the prompt 'TiVo Box Not Found on This Network'.  Well, no, that's correct, because it's at home, and this is s'posed to be TV Anywhere, right?

When I am at home, and I click 'Watch Now', I get the prompt, 'Watch on TV', and the app just acts as a remote control - how do I actually get to watch TV from my devices, as it's advertised, and others seem to be able to do.  I have had this issue ever since I got the TiVo and app years ago, so it's not just a current outage.

It's very frustrating, but I'm determined to find out what's wrong now as my TV has broken, so I need to watch from my devices.

What am I missing?  Thanks.

Tags (2)

Helpful Answers
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere app only acts as a remote control - don't even get the option to stream

You can stream live TV on a limited number of channels on the TV Anywhere app, they are indicated by a small "wi-fi" type icon in the TV Guide on the app, Channel 4 for instance, if you try and watch a channel that is not allowed to be streamed you will see the message you have reported.

Also, I may be misreading your message but it sounds like you're trying to play back shows from "My Shows" on the app which isn't a feature of TV Anywhere.

All Replies
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere app only acts as a remote control - don't even get the option to stream

You can stream live TV on a limited number of channels on the TV Anywhere app, they are indicated by a small "wi-fi" type icon in the TV Guide on the app, Channel 4 for instance, if you try and watch a channel that is not allowed to be streamed you will see the message you have reported.

Also, I may be misreading your message but it sounds like you're trying to play back shows from "My Shows" on the app which isn't a feature of TV Anywhere.

Nighest
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Oh, yes, I see that Wi-Fi symbol now, and yes, that works as you describe.

Not being able to stream from My Shows is quite disappointing, and not quite the understanding of TV Anywhere that I had.

I guess I can watch [Only Live] TV [and only some channels] Anywhere.

Thanks for explaining, appreciated.

0 Kudos