Menu
Cammy147
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere app not compatible with device

Recently purchased a Kindle Fire (5th generation), but when I tried to download the app, a message appeared saying it was not compatible with the device, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Beardoni
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere app not compatible with device

I have the same problem and contacted amazon and was told that if the app did not appear on the app page on then it was not able to be used on the device which begs the question why is on their app store if it does not work. When I was looking at devices one of the reasons i went for the fire was that the virgin tv anywhere app was in their store and that the reviews said it worked with the fire.

Shame that is a load of rubbish and Virgin are missing out big time by not having their app enabled for the fire.

All Replies
starwind
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here, it is listed in the Amazon App store, but when you try to install it, you just get device not compatible.

Why is this, is the Fire tablet really that different from other Android devices? it should at least install and allow you to view the TV guide and set up recordings.

0 Kudos
Beardoni
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have the same problem and contacted amazon and was told that if the app did not appear on the app page on then it was not able to be used on the device which begs the question why is on their app store if it does not work. When I was looking at devices one of the reasons i went for the fire was that the virgin tv anywhere app was in their store and that the reviews said it worked with the fire.

Shame that is a load of rubbish and Virgin are missing out big time by not having their app enabled for the fire.

Cammy147
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Beardoni, thanks for your post, not the answer I was hoping for, but many thanks for taking the time and the trouble, much appreciated.
0 Kudos