On our wavelength
Message 91 of 162 (239 Views)

Re: TV Anywhere app keeps requiring sign in info

Another frustrated customer to add to the list! - Ipad + TiVo box

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 92 of 162 (232 Views)

I too have this problem, it only started to happen with the installation of V6 boxes. I have three, it is so annoying to have to sign in daily I also have to restart two of my V6 boxes regularly so that they can talk to each other. The V6 is a great box but please sort out these niggles

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 93 of 162 (211 Views)

I have 1 of each box but every time you have to login it always asks which is the primary box and it doesn't matter if you choose the V6 or the TiVo as it still keeps logging out.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 94 of 162 (196 Views)

I have the problem on Tesco Hudl 2, running Android 5.1

I also had the problem on Moto G4 4th generation running Android 6.x. It *seems* to be cured after update to Android 7.0 (I ran the app, logged in, then Force Stopped the app and restarted it.  No login was required. ) 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 95 of 162 (189 Views)

obscuredavid wrote:

I have the problem on Tesco Hudl 2, running Android 5.1

I also had the problem on Moto G4 4th generation running Android 6.x. It *seems* to be cured after update to Android 7.0 (I ran the app, logged in, then Force Stopped the app and restarted it.  No login was required. ) 

How long ago did you update the Moto?  I suggest you need to wait at least 24 hours before confirming it as a fix.  I generally only get the invalid login details page once a day.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 96 of 162 (185 Views)

I only updated today, but I figured a Force Stop on TVanywhere was a reasonable test.  

I'll try again tomorrow or the day after ( assuming I remember).  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 97 of 162 (180 Views)

obscuredavid wrote:

I only updated today, but I figured a Force Stop on TVanywhere was a reasonable test.  

I'll try again tomorrow or the day after ( assuming I remember).  

Doing a Force Stop doesn't seem to replicate the issue.  I just did that before my previous post and was auto signed straight back into the app.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 98 of 162 (179 Views)

As Graham states, the requirement to log in only seems to occur once each day on each device, irrespective of how often the app is closed (or how it is closed). The problem - I repeat - is not with our devices or apps or even the DVR boxes we use, but with the VM servers and the management of the log-in procedure. From all the evidence here and my own knowledge of these issues, logging in using the app on your device means communicating with your VM online account and NOT directly with any box at your location. It may be the app requesting the log-in particulars each day, but that is caused by the VM log-in servers centrally. It is no longer relevant for VM to ask what we are using or what the weather might be!! It is a fault on the VM servers and VM should fix it!

Superuser
Message 99 of 162 (174 Views)

I would agree with Suffolkpunch that enough data should have been collected by now.  I suggest we just let VM get on with the investigation that they say has been launched.  Be assured I will not let this issue drop from the Forum staff radar.

Message 100 of 162 (170 Views)

Just to add, I also have to reconnect to the box manually each time I log in. Not sure if that's the same issue or box related.