Menu
Zoidy287
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere app appears to connect but does not communicate with tivo.

My TV Anywhere Android app stopped working yesterday late morning/early afternoon. It logs in to the TV Anywhere service, but whereas it usually shows the currently tuned-in channel listing on startup, it now shows a blank red background. If I try to access my shows or my planned recordings, it tells me it cannot find the box on my network. If I go to select the Tivo box, it appears to select it and connect OK, but then goes back to the problem of not showing anything. And the remote control function does nothing.

This just happened out of the blue, with nothing having changed - my Tivo had not updated (I was watching it at the time), the app has not updated as I do that manually, the network remote function has not become disabled - I even tried disabling and re-enabling it to no avail. The IP addresses of the Tivo, tablet and both phones I have tried are all on the same network (again, nothing changed from one minute to the next, when it stopped working).

If I unplug the ethernet connection of the Tivo, I get the TV listings when I log in (but no connection to the box, of course), but when it is plugged in to the ethernet and I try to view the TV guide, it tells me it 'No channels match your current filter selection', so clearly the app is connecting to the box but then is unable to get any info from it.

I have tried the usual reboot, and even a power-off for a while (of both the Tivo and the router), and reinstalling the app on all devices. Again, this happened suddenly, while I was watching it, and all devices are affected in the same way.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
fergiet
Superfast
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere app appears to connect but does not communicate with tivo.

Same thing here, just started doing it yesterday. Checked cables etc but phone app looks for tivo but says it's not connected to my network.

If I check the connected wired devices in the Virgin Hub at http://192.168.0.1/device_connection_status.html it shows the Tivo connected.

Any help welcome.

0 Kudos
sirgarth
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Same here on both Android and Kindle Fire - VIRGIN - IT'S A REAL AND VERY ANNOYING ISSUE - PLEASE FIX IT SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Pieman1972
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Interestingly - I noted that this wasn't working on my Android 4.2.2 phone last night.....

Spent a little time today - App Opens - signs in fine. The Info screen is blank - TV Guide "nothing matches your filters" [there isn't any] - I select my TiVO box - can't connect. I've verified I'm on my home network.

Using a 3rd party tool (Netgear Genie) I can see the TiVo box and my phone as on the network.

0 Kudos
farhanAli20
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey, I am experiencing the same issues now. Did anyone find any solutions?
0 Kudos
scatterkeir
Dialled in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here. I'd be interested to know if the app is actually working for anyone at the moment.

0 Kudos
farhanAli20
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It has been down almost all day yesterday. Today is not looking good also. I've done all the same procedures, just thinking if I should "Clear Box & Everything" but would be real pain to setup series link etc 

0 Kudos
nickh
Superfast
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

See http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Anywhere-quot-Home-Mode-quot/td-p/3050914

Zoidy287 wrote:

My TV Anywhere Android app stopped working yesterday late morning/early afternoon. It logs in to the TV Anywhere service, but whereas it usually shows the currently tuned-in channel listing on startup, it now shows a blank red background. If I try to access my shows or my planned recordings, it tells me it cannot find the box on my network. If I go to select the Tivo box, it appears to select it and connect OK, but then goes back to the problem of not showing anything. And the remote control function does nothing.

This just happened out of the blue, with nothing having changed - my Tivo had not updated (I was watching it at the time), the app has not updated as I do that manually, the network remote function has not become disabled - I even tried disabling and re-enabling it to no avail. The IP addresses of the Tivo, tablet and both phones I have tried are all on the same network (again, nothing changed from one minute to the next, when it stopped working).

If I unplug the ethernet connection of the Tivo, I get the TV listings when I log in (but no connection to the box, of course), but when it is plugged in to the ethernet and I try to view the TV guide, it tells me it 'No channels match your current filter selection', so clearly the app is connecting to the box but then is unable to get any info from it.

I have tried the usual reboot, and even a power-off for a while (of both the Tivo and the router), and reinstalling the app on all devices. Again, this happened suddenly, while I was watching it, and all devices are affected in the same way.

Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Zoidy287
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Nick. Good to know it is a known issue and they are on the case.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi all, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were having an issue with your TiVo® not connecting for use with the TV Anywhere app. 

This was a known issue that has since been resolved. Have a look at this thread here: Resolved: TV Anywhere - "Home Mode"

It includes the resolution steps you'll need to take. 

Let me know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos