Menu
severnbore
Superfast
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere - anywhere, but not here!

More off than ever on.  After five days of waiting for the service to resume (or whatever you might call it)  I EVENTUALLY signed in.  It took 1hr 9 minutes to watch Bergerac\1 hr programme. And no it's not my pc ... I can watch UKTV \ BBC \ ITV without any problems via i.e. & their sites.  The Anywhere service is still not working correctly.  And as for being put on Firefox as the preferred browser, that changed nothing - equally now I can't sign in on windows i.e. !! - as I've (.... your remote assistant) has used up this months allocation.

0 Kudos
severnbore
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere - anywhere, but not here!

OK it's now 7.12 pm I'm TRYING to watch Yesterday Unearthing WW1  .... I've given up,  before the men in white coats take me away.  Unlike the last programme that just kept buffering and missing, but still overran to the end that's unusual - you usually don't get the end of the programme after that last ads so as these are so often repeats - I never see endings.  But back to now\Yesterday, this is a unique issue, but it nevertheless very COMMON,  no buffering, but repeating,  all will go well for about 5 minutes than you'll get a repeat, like echo, you don't actually see a 'buffer' but rehear & see the same piece again, again and again, once this starts, it lasts the entire programme.

MeTony
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've been with Virgin for 6 months so far. I've never had so many problems with any other company. Yes, when it's working, the internet speed is good but as soon as one thing is fixed something else goes wrong. The service is S***, suggesting that people check the "community" for an answer ( which is invariably some mod saying "we are aware of the problem") is an absolute cop out. I thought TalkTalk was bad but am now considering going back as the contract I signed up too is not being upheld by Virgin so they can F*** right off. As you may be able to tell I am quite upset...Bunch of A****!

severnbore
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Friday 23rd September

Wanted to watch Investigation Discovery - Live Ch253 - Jon Benet: An American Murder Mystery.

Nothing to suggest that this ISN'T WORKING ON THAT PLATFORM - the usual when you can't get the programme.

It just doesn't work.

0 Kudos
severnbore
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Oh ic

No ITV

No Alibi

No Quest

Well I wonder what's wrong tonight !!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi severnbore, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you have been having an issue trying to use TV Anywhere. 

I replied to another thread of yours earlier. How have things been since you posted? 

Swap back to your preferred browser and see if you are still having the same issues. 

Keep me posted but have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
severnbore
Superfast
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath.  The issues are much better, but this is the nature of things on Anywhere - things are up & down.

The point about the browser, using Windows i.e. you can adjust the size both of player and TEXT,   FireFox you can't.  Full size is often not the option, particularly with older programmes \ i.e. not digital since they distorted, I prefer Windows i.e. @ 150%

Although ON THE SAME MACHINE, the only one I've ever used, it will not allow me to swap between browsers & as the Techie had changed me, I'll have wait the month.  I felt sorry for the techie since he did a remote, that last 5 minutes, then the total Anywhere service collapsed!

It seems there are cycle of events and many, me & I'm sure others suffer them thinking it's either their computer or connectivity.  Then you phone up, when you realise the whole thing is down.

0 Kudos