Menu
kjdaco
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere and Windows Edge Browser

Hi,

Until recently TV Anywhere has been working great using the Edge Browser and then last week, 15th onwards, I've not been able to view it in Edge.

I've not got the opportunity to change my devices until 4th August and was hoping to watch the Tour de France coverage on Eurosport.

What has changed to stop Edge being supported ?

Kind Regards

Ken

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere and Windows Edge Browser

Hi Ken, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It is great having you here and nice to see you getting involved Smiley Happy

The Edge browser can be very temperamental and although it does work, it can throw up a lot of errors. My advice would be to stick with Firefox. This works well with TV Anywhere.

I have added a device change for you to log in and re-register the device. Whatever browser you do decide to use to register the device, you will need to use it for streaming too. Don't swap between the 2. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up the TV Anywhere site and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. 

Follow the prompts and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Ken, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It is great having you here and nice to see you getting involved Smiley Happy

The Edge browser can be very temperamental and although it does work, it can throw up a lot of errors. My advice would be to stick with Firefox. This works well with TV Anywhere.

I have added a device change for you to log in and re-register the device. Whatever browser you do decide to use to register the device, you will need to use it for streaming too. Don't swap between the 2. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up the TV Anywhere site and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. 

Follow the prompts and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

kjdaco
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F,

Thanks for the info.

I've done as you suggested and everything is working again.

Many Thanks for the quick response to my problem.

Kind Regards

Ken

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Microsoft have tinkered with Edge before and broken stuff. Not long after Windows 10 launched proper Google Hangouts and Blogger stopped working. In the beta testing stage Edge had close to perfect compatibility with CSS3 but after Windows 10 launched properly it was updated and supported only the usual CSS3 standards. I'd steer clear from Edge and use Google Chrome or Firefox for anything.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi kjdaco,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know things are resolved now. Smiley Happy 

If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Paulme
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have recently purchased a Win 10 p.c. with Windows Edge browser - progress ?? Smiley MadSmiley Mad

I have used up my available device changes trying to get TV Anywhere to work correctly with Edge (no problems on old machine with Google or Internet Explorer browsers!!).

Please help Smiley Happy

Regards Paul

0 Kudos