Menu
Bryan24
On our wavelength
Message 31 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere and Sky Sports

Hi again 620eduke.
It really is frustrating.
However as I said before in TV Anywhere mine does show registered as Lenovo Yoga Book.
Like you if it would only register in SC&S and stream I wouldn't mind how it was seen.
Regards Bryan24
0 Kudos
620eduke
Tuning in
Message 32 of 48
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I borrowed a Sky login from my sister to see if this issue was caused by a problem with the app itself or due to my Virgin login to Sky.

Sadly I get the same prolblem 'Unfortunately, Sky Sports has stopped' when using a Sky login so it looks like there is a compatability problem between the Sky Sports app the Lenovo Yoga Book.

I am somewhat at a loss now what to do next....

Is there anyone from Virgin out there who can take this up with Sky on my behalf????

Bryan24
On our wavelength
Message 33 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi 620eduke

Many thanks for this which seems to identify the issue.

From the reply to my email from Sky they are throwing it over to Virgin so please can I also ask fro someone from Virgin to take up the matter with Sky.

Regards Bryan24

0 Kudos
620eduke
Tuning in
Message 34 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Had a few more minutes to play and the same thing happens when using the Sky GO app with a SKY account.

Whilst I realise this app is not supported by Virgin Media it does reinforce the fact that this issue is linked to the way Sky stream over the Internet and the Lenovo Yoga Book.

I see this as being very difficult to fix as the issue is either with Sky or Lenovo and not with Virgin. I don't see Virgin being too interested!!!

0 Kudos
Bryan24
On our wavelength
Message 35 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Should we try and get Lenovo involved as well as, hopefully, Virgin.
0 Kudos
Bryan24
On our wavelength
Message 36 of 48
Flag for a moderator

I've signed up to the Lenovo Community Forum and posted this problem. Will advise when any reply is received. It might be helpful if anyone else interested signs up as well to add some weight to the problem.

0 Kudos
Bryan24
On our wavelength
Message 37 of 48
Flag for a moderator

I've now had a reply from the Lenovo Community Forum as follows

There is a long standing set of issue's with the Sky Sports app for Android and is not only Lenovo devices but other makes also. My YT2 Pro 13.3 has the issue and so does my GS Note Pro 12.4 and a few others I have.
There are issue's with Lenovo YT3 Pro and Yoga Book Pro that could well be to do with the devices or the Sky Go app. It's a pity that Sky and Lenovo Dev's don't get together and try and sort these issue's out once and for all. The more Sky customer that report these issue's the faster Sky will look into them. It's a policy that I think Sky have got very wrong.

Can we encourage more users to report and complain in an effort to get heard and the matter resolved.

0 Kudos
DK23152
Joining in
Message 38 of 48
Flag for a moderator

I can get to the Sky Sports site and log-in using VM credentials but when I go to 'watch live now' it fails to connect with all of the regular   browsers.  A message on screen suggest trying IE or Safari but these are no longer supported on a PC running Windows 10.

This problem only started occurring in the last few days.

I would appreciate any help.

David

0 Kudos
Bryan24
On our wavelength
Message 39 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi David DK23152
On my Android Lenovo Yoga Book I've tried with more than one browser but still have no luck with the message that Sky Sports has stopped working. Other channels stream ok.

In any event I was led to believe that a browser doesn't come into the equation as the app doesn't use one.

Sorry can't help further as I'm stuck as well until Sky, Virgin, Lenovo and anyone else get together to sort it out.

Regards Bryan
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 40 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi David, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue running Sky Sports on your Windows 10 PC. 

In order for Sky Sports to work, you would need to use a supported browser. You can view these here: Technical Requirements for the Sky Cinema and Sky Sports apps and website If your device doesn't support these then you'd need to use a different device. One that does support them. 

Are you having any issues with TV Anywhere channels or is it only the Sky sites? 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos