Menu
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 48 (144 Views)

Re: TV Anywhere and Sky Sports

Hi BenMcr

Many thanks for this advice. I'll give it a go.
Regards Bryan
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 48 (142 Views)

Hi again BenMcr and Josh

Firstly, being somewhat new to this forum I think I clicked the thumbs up when replying to your last message.

Following Josh having reset my Sky register I removed one of the registered devices which leaves an available slot. However, I signed into TV Anywhere and then using the Guide selected the Sky Sports 1 (511) and then Watch on Tablet. This took me to the Sky Sports sign in which I did via the Virginmedia option. The message 'Unfortunately Sky Sports has stopped' is still coming up and as far as I can see the device has not registered.

I can't seem to get past this apparent error. I already have the Sky Sports app installed so what is going wrong now that I have the available space to register.

Many thanks again

Bryan

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 13 of 48 (139 Views)

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. What version on Android is the tablet on?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 14 of 48 (140 Views)

Try going to the apps menu on your device, select the Sky sports app and clear the cache and all saved data.

Having done that try launching the app again. You will probably have to sign in again.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 48 (130 Views)

I had uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times. The Android version is 6.0.1.
Incidentally I get Sky Sports on my Android phone which is version 7.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 48 (127 Views)

Hi Graham

I've cleared the cache, etc. and gone through signing in again. Still get the Sky Sports has stopped message.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 17 of 48 (122 Views)

That android version shouldn't be an issue, it is the one my phone uses.

I have seen the unknown error message before, sometimes it seems to be a local issue, occasionally it is more widespread. Currently I can access sky sports via the app so i don't think it is a global issue.

So, not sure what is causing your current problem.
Message 18 of 48 (119 Views)

Yes it's very frustrating as I can currently get it on my phone. Sometimes the message disappears and I get a screen with various sports options but nothing live.
Also the device slot is still available - it's not getting registered.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 48 (97 Views)

Unfortunately I still cannot stream Sky Sports or register the tablet with Sky Cinema & Sky Sports. The message is as before - Unfortunately Sky Sports has stopped. Does anyone have any more ideas/suggestions please.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 20 of 48 (80 Views)

Hi there Bryan24,

Sorry for any bother experienced.

I can only see one device registered at the moment. I've added another change on there for you to register another device to utilise the Sky application.

What is the make/model of your tablet?

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos