Menu
Highlighted
Bryan24
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 48
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere and Sky Sports

Using the TV Anywhere app trying to stream Sky Sports, in this case Sky Sports 1, I'm redirected to the Sky Sports log in and use the Virginmedia option. It then keeps failing with the message 'Unfortunately Sky Sports has stopped working'. Can anyone help please.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 48
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere and Sky Sports

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for getting back to us!

I've added a device change for the Sky apps for you.

As for the best way to register, that would depend on which device you are using. What is the make/ model of your device?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 48
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

For Android devices you register the device by using the app.

When you select a channel or event to watch it automatically registers your device if it's not already registered and if there is a device slot free
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
620eduke
Tuning in
Message 32 of 48
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I borrowed a Sky login from my sister to see if this issue was caused by a problem with the app itself or due to my Virgin login to Sky.

Sadly I get the same prolblem 'Unfortunately, Sky Sports has stopped' when using a Sky login so it looks like there is a compatability problem between the Sky Sports app the Lenovo Yoga Book.

I am somewhat at a loss now what to do next....

Is there anyone from Virgin out there who can take this up with Sky on my behalf????

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 45 of 48
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Bryan24,

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this.

I've added another device change to your Sky Sports so you can try adding it again.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bryan24,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with TV Anywhere and Sky Sports.

If you sign into your TV Anywhere account, on the right under My Profile you will see Device Settings and Sky Cinema & Sky Sports.

Device settings will show the devices registered for TV Anywhere, whereas Sky Cinema & Sky Sports show devices registered for Sky.

Does the device you are having an issue with show as registered within these 2 sections? If not, you can remove a device and re-register the device. If it is listed, try to un-install and re-install the app to see if that will help.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Bryan24
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam. Thank you for replying. As I said in my post the 2 items in the Sky Sports & Cinema registration both show as 'Android Phone' and not one my tablet. It looks as though my phone is registered twice, if that's possible. In any event I now don't have a registration available until 1 April which is the other problem preventing me from proceeding further. Regards Bryan
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Looking at the account, it is showing that you do have an available device change.

If you can, remove one of the Android Phone and try to register the tablet please.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Bryan24
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Sam. Thanks for your further message. Sorry for the delay but I've been out and just got back. I'll try this tomorrow and let you know. Kindest regards Bryan
Bryan24
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam. I deleted one device and now have an empty slot. I understood that the best way to register a device for Sky is to select the Sky Sports channel and it would then be registered automatically. However when I did this I got the message that 'Unfortunately Sky Sports has stopped working'. Then I get a Sky screen and a drop down menu which includes 'Watch Sky Sports' but this just disappears and leaves the same Sky screen with various news options. So that I don't waste my register slot could you guide me on the correct procedure to register please. The slot is still empty. Bryan
0 Kudos
Bryan24
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Sam.

Contrary to what I said yesterday my PC is still showing the same2 Android devices in Sky Cinema & Sports with NO changes available this month.

Where it does show a change available for this month is in the standard TV Anywhere register which, of course, does not apply to the Sky situation. It seems that I have to wait until April unless the Sky register can be reset. If so can I have guidance as to the best way to register the tablet after removing one of the Android entries.

Many thanks and regards, Bryan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 48
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for getting back to us!

I've added a device change for the Sky apps for you.

As for the best way to register, that would depend on which device you are using. What is the make/ model of your device?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos
Bryan24
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

Many thanks for your reply and help.

I have a Lenovo Yoga Book with the Android system.

My uncertainty is whether to sign into Sky Sports via Virginmedia link and see if it registers automatically or go direct to the Sky Cinema and Sports in My Profile and hope that it picks up the Lenovo rather than my phone.

Regards Bryan
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 48
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

For Android devices you register the device by using the app.

When you select a channel or event to watch it automatically registers your device if it's not already registered and if there is a device slot free
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own