Menu
cibobder
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere and Kindle Fire

Hi, I have the TV Anywhere App on my Kindle Fire HD10. It works fine. It's when i came to use Amazon's screen 'mirroring' to my TV via my Fire TV. When i try to watch any programme from the channel guide, i get ' problem streaming from this channel error code D:1' . I have read similar posts which say ' only works on device with the app ', but i wouldn't have thought it mattered with just mirroring content to another  screen. I would be grateful for any advice.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere and Kindle Fire

mirroring is blocked within the app. there is no workaround for any android tablet

the only way to "cast" to another TV is via a PC hooked up on HDMi, with TVA running in firefox or another approved browser.

and as you are limited to streaming 2 devices max, 1 x tablet, 1 x PC is your entire ration !

the TVA app is also intolerant of some other apps in the store. It will not runif you install adclear from  amazon store, either it crashes or it goes into a connect - reconnect death spiral and ends by telling you that you have no wifi connection. Uninstalling adclear fixes that so it's definitely an incompatibility between the 2 apps.

0 Kudos

All Replies
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

mirroring is blocked within the app. there is no workaround for any android tablet

the only way to "cast" to another TV is via a PC hooked up on HDMi, with TVA running in firefox or another approved browser.

and as you are limited to streaming 2 devices max, 1 x tablet, 1 x PC is your entire ration !

the TVA app is also intolerant of some other apps in the store. It will not runif you install adclear from  amazon store, either it crashes or it goes into a connect - reconnect death spiral and ends by telling you that you have no wifi connection. Uninstalling adclear fixes that so it's definitely an incompatibility between the 2 apps.

0 Kudos
cibobder
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Many Thanks for that cybmole.

That'll teach me for trying to be smart, thinking i'd found a way to do it wire free. Cheers.
0 Kudos