Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9 (222 Views)

TV Anywhere and Browser compatibility

Always know there was an issue with Chrome and using the TV Anywhere service. Got round this by using Internet Explorer and had no problems signing in and watching live TV (Eurosport 1 and 2 mainly) last year and earlier this year

Recently tried to watch some cycling and can't get a picture. Can sign in OK but when I select "Watch Live" nothing happens.

Also tried Microsoft Edge with the same result

Any ideas out there what has happened

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 2 of 9 (214 Views)

Re: TV Anywhere and Browser compatibility

IE should be OK, although I use Firefox.

Maybe something updated your end to throw things out of sync. Delete the device and re-register (in IE, not Edge). Ensure your Flash is up to date.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9 (201 Views)

Tks for the quick response

Just tried to de-register then re-register my PC on the Device Registration section of the TV Anywhere website. Got a message to the effect that the device detection had timed out.

I have  Samsung tablet that works fine with the TV Anywhere App. Maybe I'll try to delete my PC using the Samsung tablet to see if that allows me to re-register the PC using IE

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 4 of 9 (194 Views)

Time-out could be down to the TV Anywhere server having a bad day (happens a lot) or could point to something being up with your flash installation. Head over to Adobe, check it's up to date & tests OK before doing anything else.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9 (184 Views)

[ Edited ]

Used my tablet to delete the PC as a registered device. Still getting the detection time out when I try to re-register the PC.

Have checked and the Adobe Flash player is present and working fine in IE

Will try again tomorrow in case it's a website glitsch. Having said that I don't have any issues accessing the device registration page using my Samsung tablet.

At a loss to know what to try next.

Just as an aside I've been having real problems logging into my Virgin Media Email system. Seems to have originated following a windows 10 upodate installation but that just may be a coincidence. On several occasions in both Chrome and IE the email inbox has failed to load after spinning in limbo for ages. It did work briefly earlier today on both browsers but seems to be back to the "no access" mode.

Just wondered if Virgin's platform was having tech issues or if it was down to a Microsoft issue

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9 (143 Views)

Hi arlowood,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been having an issue streaming TV Anywhere Smiley Sad 

If you updated the app or the OS then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

I have added a device change for you to use so if you follow the prompts on the screen, this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 7 of 9 (140 Views)

Oh dear.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9 (134 Views)

Hi Kath

Tks for the response and your efforts with the extra device change.

However I can't follow your advice as the TV Anywhere app cannot now detect my PC as a device. When I click on Device Registration. The device detection circle just spins and I get a "timed out" message.

Not sure what to try now. Any suggestions?

I'm using the latest (I think) version of IE - IE11

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9 (104 Views)

Thanks for getting back to us about this arlowood,

Sorry to hear about the additional issue experienced. :/

Are you still having trouble with this?

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos