Menu
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere & other jokes

So today I received a letter from VM telling me of yet another hefty price increase in February. And, once again, they are boasting about how brilliant TV Anywhere is as one of the justifications for the price increase.

VM have always been really good at developing products that on paper, look better than what the competition is offering. But, as always, when you come to use the product, you soon come to realise that it's nothing like as good.

TV Anywhere does indeed carry more channels. But the stream quality doesn't even come close to the competition. I can watch Sky Go for hours without a single hitch, in HD, and genuinely forget I'm watching an internet stream. TV Anywhere serves up below SD streams that keep stopping & there's no getting away from the fact this this is an internet stream, and not a very good one either. I looked in again last night as I do occasionally, tried to watch something on Nat Geo Wild, and it stalled 4 times in 5 minutes.

Clearly, despite VM's tendency to dance around the subject, WE ARE PAYING FOR TV ANYWHERE if you are going to use it to justify, or soften the blow on price increases. It's a service I'd use all the time if it worked, and one I would even pay to extra subscribe to, if it worked. It doesn't, never has, and Virgin Media clearly don't care.

We both know that the only thing VM lead the way on is fast broadband. No doubt, as & when the competition's BB speeds catch up, you'll just flick a switch to increase our cable BB speeds too. And you'll say it's "FREE!" then bump up the prices a few months later. Plese stop insulting our intelligence. VM need to understand that there are very few households that could ever come anywhere close to making the most of that sort of bandwidth. You aren't adding value, you are just forever putting prices up & trying to justify it with added services that either do not work (TV Anywhere) or are way above what most people could ever reasonably use (200Mbps BB).

I posted this earlier, with an invitation at the bottom for someone from the VM web-team to say something on this subject that hasn't already been said before I phone up to air my grievances. They obviously read it, as they took the time to delete it. But of course, they did not respond to me at all. Not to worry though, I've kept a copy of this one too & it's all in the dossier of evidence I am preparing for Ofcom.

I said nothing that wasn't true, and the truth clearly hurts. That Virgin Media choose to ignore me & delete my posts rather than face the music says everything we need to know about Virgin Media as a company. Jokers.

HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere & other jokes

Top post, couldn't have put it better myself...Kudos to you, before they remove the post again...Smiley Happy

Have noticed that the 'forum police' are a bit happy to remove anything that smacks of 'criticism' as a means of not having to reply to something that they find 'difficult' (ie: truthful) Smiley Indifferent

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

HughJarsse wrote:

Top post, couldn't have put it better myself...Kudos to you, before they remove the post again...Smiley Happy

Have noticed that the 'forum police' are a bit happy to remove anything that smacks of 'criticism' as a means of not having to reply to something that they find 'difficult' (ie: truthful) Smiley Indifferent

As far a I am aware critical posts are just fine (speaking as a member of the forum police)

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

HughJarsse wrote:

As far a I am aware critical posts are just fine (speaking as a member of the forum police)

Sorry Danny but, in this case, I have to disagree with you. I can assure you that, from personal experience, critical posts are removed.

For example, asking questions when a problem is going to be fixed and where the forum team have no answer.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

dannylau wrote:

HughJarsse wrote:

Sorry Danny but, in this case, I have to disagree with you. I can assure you that, from personal experience, critical posts are removed.

For example, asking questions when a problem is going to be fixed and where the forum team have no answer.

Seconded here, Danny, I have had posts removed, not been informed as to why, on a couple of occasions.

If VM don't like the particular reply/question, then they will remove it, especially if it looks as if the post/reply will get many replies/kudos, as it doesn't look good for VM on their site, and encourages others to complain as well!! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

HughJarsse wrote:

Danny, can you clarify the above, are you saying that Superusers can delete posts?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

dannylau wrote:

HughJarsse wrote:

Danny, can you clarify the above, are you saying that Superusers can delete posts?

We can move them to a place you can't see them

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

frank_gm wrote:

dannylau wrote:

HughJarsse wrote:

I have seen messages being moved to the correct forum, which is fair enough, but why move a post to a place where a customer cannot see it?

By any chance, was it a superuser who moved (i.e. hid) the Dolby Digital thread from the correct forum, Tivo, to the wrong forum, TV? That was certainly only of benefit to VM, not to the customers.

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

dannylau wrote:

frank_gm wrote:

dannylau wrote:

HughJarsse wrote:

I have seen messages being moved to the correct forum, which is fair enough, but why move a post to a place where a customer cannot see it?

By any chance, was it a superuser who moved (i.e. hid) the Dolby Digital thread from the correct forum, Tivo, to the wrong forum, TV? That was certainly only of benefit to VM, not to the customers.

Not as far as I know, we've complained on the SU forum about the dolby and other issues, the reason we can move posts to a hidden area is for spam and the occasional bout of profanity, we shouldn't be moving posts because we don't like the content or it's a complaint

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

frank_gm wrote:

dannylau wrote:

frank_gm wrote:

dannylau wrote:

HughJarsse wrote:

Not as far as I know, we've complained on the SU forum about the dolby and other issues, the reason we can move posts to a hidden area is for spam and the occasional bout of profanity, we shouldn't be moving posts because we don't like the content or it's a complaint

Glad to hear it Danny and thanks for taking the time to explain.

It is just with the VM Censorship team (otherwise known as Moderators) and their, sometimes, unreasonable behaviour, the Forum Team ignoring threads/posts when it suits them, add this to posts from customers being deleted, by who knows who, it just seems that there are too many people who can, without any accountability, remove legitimate posts from paying customers.

¡No Pasarán!