Menu
Arnie41
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere & Chromebooks

Hi, first post as never had cause to post before now. 

I have today just upgraded to TiVo, only to find out now that TV Anywhere is not apparently compatible with Chromebooks and the Chrome OS. 

I have tried the disable pepper flash option, though it now wants me to update Chrome, which does not seem possible on Chromebooks. 

Our house is now exclusivly running Chromebooks, so i was wondering if there is now a workaround for this. All Chromebooks are running the lastest updated OS. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
johny1955
Tuning in
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere & Chromebooks

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-Anywhere/Chrome-OS/td-p/1578632/page/2

Hi Arnie.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look as if there will be a solution for Chromebook soon.  This subject has been discussed in an earlier thread (see the link above).  I would guess that the developers at VM are giving priority to finding a solution for TV Anywhere for Android first. A solution for Chromebook is probably well down the pecking order, which is a pity as the Chromebook has a lot of other adantages.

0 Kudos
Arnie41
Joining in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Johny for the quick reply. Am happy to sit and watch the space.
0 Kudos
Marc27
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Not got a Chromebook & Chrome OS, but did eventually manage to disable the pepper flash player (chrome://plugins) on my pc's chrome browser.  Didn't have that Adobe Flash Player installed though, so downloaded latest version from the Adobe site and finally got TV Anywhere to work on chrome.

0 Kudos
danm
Joining in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Just bought a chromebook and I have to say that I am really annoyed that it won't work with tv anywhere.

I bought it for holidays on what I thought was a fair assumption that it would run anything that will run on a browser.  So much for watching the footy by the pool!

Come on Virgin.  Please sort this out.  Can't you just use html5?

0 Kudos
tavners
Joining in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

When are VM going to allow chromebooks to use TV anywhere. It is poor that you can't. It can't be that difficult- iplayer itv player etc all work.

Simon

0 Kudos
casaschi
Tuning in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

>

> Unfortunately, it doesn't look as if there will be a solution for Chromebook soon.

This was posted almost one year ago. Any update in the last 10 months?

0 Kudos
Arnie41
Joining in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Given it has been some 10 months since my original post, i was wondering if there is any possible progress with this or opportunity on the horizon, given the growing number of Chromebooks about. 

Thanks Nick

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Arnie41,

Thanks for your post.

I'm afraid that we have no news on this.

It's not to say that TV Anywhere wont become available for Chromebooks in the future but right now we are not looking at it.

Keep an eye on the announcements section of the forums as we'll announce anything here.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
IanHutch57
Joining in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi - back in Feb you said "It's not to say that TV Anywhere wont become available for Chromebooks in the future but right now we are not looking at it" - is that still the case 3 months later. Thx

0 Kudos