Menu
duffers0
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere Website

The TV Anywhere website is very unresponsive at the moment. Just in time for the start of the BT Sport Premier league coverage Smiley Mad

Anyone know if there is manitentance planned?

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere Website

Just to let you know I have the same problem, its now almost impossible to setup recording using the tv anywhere website as it keeps timing out.
I've had this issue for the last couple of days.
0 Kudos
Cloddy
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I used to get quicker response times on my old dial-up modem! Also getting messages on some pages that they are missing. Been like this on and off for several days.
0 Kudos
howdmc
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As soon as a decent looking match is on BT (I'm currently missing a 6 goal thriller) TV Anywhere collapses. Not working on Android either, so I can't switch to tablet.

I don't like to whinge on a forum but it's been like this for weeks, if not months now. The error messages usually point the problem back at the customer, and the thought of ringing up and getting that response verbally as well is more than my blood pressure can stand.

What puzzles me is the limited / restrained response on here, suggesting only a few people are experiencing this problem. Am I doing something wrong, as insinuated by the 404 messages? Am I just living in an area that is not well serviced by VM (North Herts?) Otherwise surely more people would be experiencing the same problem? Trying to view on a PC with a Windows 10 OS. Is there some best practice advice Virgin can give, say a recommended browser I should use? Do I need to log in, say, an hour before games? Or is the plain truth that it's a random problem that affects some people and not others, in which case fair enough just bad luck and I'll lower expectations but let us know this and we can discuss discounts?

0 Kudos
baronl84
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same here.  Im just sat facing a 'loading' screen and nothing happens. 

Is it just me or are all virgin services utter rubbish. Tivo is slow and clunky. 

Their service should be renamed to 'TV Nowhere' since that is what you get most of the time,

0 Kudos
duffers0
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I watched the Arsenal game on an Ipad app which seemed to work OK.

The PC and TV Anywhere website reduced to a crawl. Its only the Broadband service that keeps me with VM in any capacity. Time to trim VM to the bone and upgrade Sky to Q. Lets see how well 'Fluid Viewing' is implemented.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi duffers0,

Thanks for your post I can only apologies for the continued issues you are having during busy periods for TV Anywhere. 

We have been working on this and as well as making changes in the background to help relieve things, we've also tried increasing the capacity hoping this would fix things. 

It looks as though we need to go back to the drawing board so are still working on things at this end. Hopefully we're not to much longer off a complete fix and once that happens, I shall let you know.

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos