Menu
bobartist
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere - Sometime Never

Whenever are VM going sort out TV Anywhere ? Everytime single time for about the last three or four months I try to get on to watch a match, I get "Error 404 Oops, We can't find that page" etc, or "There is a fault, please try again in a few hours."

Once in a while is frustrating, but this is every single time. I've even taken to trying to get onto the page up to an hour before a game, but to no avail.

This has to be a capacity issue, because I can often get on after the match has finished. TVA is important to me as My Boss can watch her favourites on the TV, while I watch the match. Result, bliss. Right now, domestic disharmony fighting over TV rights.

This is amateurish Virgin. Sort it out.

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere - Sometime Never

Hi bobartist,

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

I have added this information to the spreadsheet we are collating the information on. 

For now, there isn't much else I can do apart from apologise but rest assured we are doing what we can to get this resolved. 

With regards to the TiVo® it's worth giving it a reboot and deleting any shows on there you have already watched, don't need or don't want. This will refresh the box and get it back to the standard it was Smiley Happy If you are still having an issue with this after that, pop a post in the TiVo board and the team there can investigate further for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi bobsartist, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you here and I can only apologise for the continued issues you are having. 

We have been working on this and as well as making changes in the background to help relieve things, we've also tried increasing the capacity hoping this would fix things.

It looks as though we need to go back to the drawing board so we are trying a new approach as everything we are currently doing doesn't seem to be working Smiley Sad

We are looking to try and identify any trends with the errors you are getting against the devices or OS you are using. Can you come back to me with the following:
> What is the Full make and Model of your device?
> What is the OS Version?
> What is the EXACT error message you are getting?

I know you are frustrated but hopefully this will help us reach a resolve. 

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
bobartist
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks for your response. I don't envy your job one bit.

I'm using an IMac 27" late 2013

OS Yosemite 10.10.5

I get several error messages.

1. Error 404 in the Address bar tab and on the page with a VM logo "crikey, we can't seem to find this page" seems to be the most recent. 

2. I've had " Sorry there's problems in your area, please try again in a few hours", or words to that effect. Not what you want to see by the way when trying to watch a match NOW!

3. The most frustrating one is where it gets onto the page but then, as last night, the screen said 'loading' then went white and no picture. Having tried numerous times to go back in, re-sign in, etc. etc. I then got a message on the screen saying "your device could not be detected".

Today I received a text from VM to say the problems had been fixed. I went in tonight for the Atletico Madrid v Barcelona game on BT Europe about 7.15, 30 mins before kick-off and lo and behold, got in quite quickly. Success !

I then deliberately closed it down and retried just before kick off at 7.45pm. Sadly, back to square one with complete failure to get beyond TV listings and a small blank white screen with TV listings loading interminably that then went to a complete blank grey page, when I clicked on the triangle in the centre of the screen.

Tried again, similar outcome, ages loading, then the "Error 404, Crikey" message. Re-tried several times, ignoring blank screens, any error messages, basic white HTML page with a few headings in blue down the left side, endless 'loading' delays and eventually nearly half an hour into the game, I finally got back on as I'm typing this reply.

By the way, my second permitted device is over 100 miles away in the Midlands and my son is equally frustrated with the inability to access, so with me on Merseyside, it clearly doesn't appear to be a localised problem...

Appreciate your point about going back to the drawing board but this appears to have been ongoing for well over a year. I took out current VM contract in May so its been happening and unresolved since well before then, going by Forum comments.

My own experience has been that it worked OK (irritating delays but can't recall any complete failures) until about late January/early Feb or thereabouts. Then from then it's been a shambles. For what it's worth and I don't know whether it's relevant, both I and my friend, who also uses a similar VM package and lives close by, independently have noticed a significant slowing down of the general TV operation. The pages on the TV seem to take several seconds to load, whereas when we first got VM, it was pretty well instant.

Nothing that causes a problem, but again leads me to believe that VM have overstretched their capacity, both on Tivo network and certainly on TV Anywhere.

Hope this helps and I await your reply.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi bobartist,

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

I have added this information to the spreadsheet we are collating the information on. 

For now, there isn't much else I can do apart from apologise but rest assured we are doing what we can to get this resolved. 

With regards to the TiVo® it's worth giving it a reboot and deleting any shows on there you have already watched, don't need or don't want. This will refresh the box and get it back to the standard it was Smiley Happy If you are still having an issue with this after that, pop a post in the TiVo board and the team there can investigate further for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos