Menu
SEB37
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere - Sky Sports

Whenever I try to watch Sky Sports on my computer or iPad, I get the message that I have exceeded the number of devices.  This doesn't happen anywhere else, only Sky Channels.

I can't exceed the number of devices.  I am only allowed 2 devices and if I want to change the device (only allowed once a month) I have to remove one of the devices to make way.  Does anyone else have the problem and how to I eradicate the problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere - Sky Sports

Hi SEB37,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

The error message is basically warning you that you already have 2 devices registered for use on the Sky Platform and will therefore remove a device to make room for the new device. 

If the device is already registered but you've updated the OS, it will need to be re-registered. 

If you go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports you can then remove the device and attempt to re-stream from it. This will re-register it and shouldn't throw up the error again. 

Let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi SEB37,

Just checking back with you to see how it's going with your TV Anywhere Sky Sports access. Has this improved, or are you still experiencing the same issue?

Please let us know.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
SEB37
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding and sorry for my lack of response.  I've been on holiday.

I did some rummaging and found out what the problem was.  I have never given a device name to Sky Sports and presumed that Sky Sports had picked it up from Virgin Media.  I was surprised therefore to find that there were device names specifically for Sky Sports and that for some reason my husband's computer had different device names on Virgin Media and Sky Sports.  I have changed one of the available devices to my ipad, but that appears to be the last change I can make until next month.  I'll try again then.  The ipad is now working OK.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi SEB37,

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I hope you enjoyed your holiday too? Smiley Happy

When registering your device via the TV Anywhere platform, you can choose the name where as with the Sky Platform, as soon as you start to stream the device automatically registers. 

Let us know how things go.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos