Menu
richbarton1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere - Sky Sports doesn't work

Have spent around an hour with Virgin help trying to get Sky Sports working on W10 PC via firefox.  All is well until transfer to Sky Go. Get the usual sign in screen saying I am watching SkySports  but video screen is blank. Virgin help failed completely. I note the internet is littered with problems regarding Sky Go and compatibility with W10, Firefox and just about any other browser. Surely these guys  who pocket vast amounts of our money have a solution?  As virgin have abandoned Smartphone, and can't seem to fix this looks like time to head off to BT.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere - Sky Sports doesn't work

Hi richbarton1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's great having a new face in the Community Smiley Happy

Sky Go won't work for Virgin Media customers. If you want to watch Sky Cinema or Sky Sports you will need to use the separate Sky Websites found here: 

Sky Cinema Website

Sky Sports Website

If you click on which one you want to go to, select sign in then choose the Virgin Media logo. After this you can then sign in. Select what programme you want to watch and let me know how it goes Smiley Happy

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
richbarton1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm aware Sky Sports etc are accessed via Sky Go, either direct or via the VM link. My problem is the view box which should contain the program is blank (black), apart from the usual boxes 'watch' etc. .

0 Kudos
paulpara1
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

We are experiencing a similar problem -cannot  watch sky sports,  even by accessing through Sky sports and then Virgin Media, the blue screen appears to open and then a message appears across the screen  to say "Apologies, this item has been interupted due to an error. Please refresh your page and try again later" but this doesn't work.  We have had this problem for almost 3 months and have reported it many times. At least six technicians have accessed our desk top computer at various times with a view to locating the problem but have been unsuccessfull. The final time I was advised that it was a Sky problem and I needed to contact them !! but as my contract is with Virgin I would not expect  to have to ask Sky. We have also tried via another device and still get the same problem.

I would be interested to see if anyone else has had this problem.

0 Kudos
richbarton1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I've wasted vast amounts of time with vm techs who don't seem to have a clue. My pc is currently being checked by local wizards to ensure all is well and necessary apps, codecs etc are ok - something which a half competent vm tech should be able to do. Unless vm sort themselves out fast I'm off to BT as soon as my contract with this useless bunch runs out. I was also totally peed off when i tried to use smartphone from Colorado last month and found (by an internet search) that it had been discontinued, no warning. Cost me $100 in emergency calls. If anyone from vm reads these comments please contact me to discuss your customer service / competence.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi richbarton1, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

I'm not sure if you've misunderstood what I originally said or whether there is a spelling mistake in your post but the Sky channels for Virgin Media can't be accessed via Sky Go. 

With regards to Virgin Media checking your equipment to ensure apps and codecs are OK and up to date, this isn't down to us. It's down to you - the customer. We aren't able to check things such as this as if something were to go wrong due to our actions then we'd be liable. 

We can point out if there is something obvious like an out of date driver etc however we're not able to actually make the change. 

Try clearing the cache, cookies and browsing history on one of your browsers. Once you've done this, ensure your cookies are set to always. Go to the Sky Sports website (Do not go via Sky Go) and click on the 'Sign in' button. Once here make sure you Select the Virgin Media logo to the left of the page and then sign in using your Primary VM details. 

Has this made any difference?

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
richbarton1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Kath

PC has been checked by Computer Universe, Silsden. It is fine. All drivers up to date, Silverlight up to date.  I have cleared cache, browsing history etc in IE 11, signed into Sky Sports via the virgin media login.  Has not made any difference - viewing box still black. No error messages.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi richbarton1, 

Thanks again for coming back to me. 

I am really sorry that this is still an issue for you. What's worse is I am at a loss as to where to go from here. 

Test devices at this end are working and without an error message I'm not able to look into this further Smiley Sad 

I can only advise giving the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and maybe asking to speak to 2nd line. There may be some extra tests they can do to try and resolve this. 

Apologies I was unable to help any further but do let me know how it goes with 2nd Line. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
richbarton1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

OK Thanks. I'm leaving my PC with local whizz kids for a few days while I'm away. They are convinced it is a silverlight / windows 10 / sky incompatibility problem and refuse to be beaten. They say there is a lot of internet chatter about this problem so it's not just me. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi richbarton1,

Thanks again for coming back and letting us know. 

I'd be super grateful if you could post back if the local whizz kids do happen to find a resolve Smiley Happy 

It's certainly been a head scratcher and I'd be interested to know where the issue lays for future reference. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos