Menu
Hitman77
Settling in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere Sign In

Hello,

I can no longer sign into my TV Anywhere apps. The email address and password are 100% correct but it keeps saying I have used an invalid username or password. Any ideas?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere Sign In

Hi Hitman77,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to sign in and use TV Anywhere. 

I can see a few other users also posted about this but they have confirmed things are working again for them. 

Have you been able to sign in since?

Keep me posted as if not I can look into this for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
afront
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have never been able to login to TV Anywhere unless I am connected to my local wifi. My username/password are correct, but I get the "invalid username or password" error. It never worked on my Sony Xperia Z1, nor does it work on my new Sony Xperia Z2.

I also cannot use the website version as it says "Your Tivo box is not online" (it is).

So for me, TV Anywhere is always TV Nowhere. Please please please help as this has never worked Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi afront, 

I'm sorry to hear that you have never been able to use TV Anywhere. 

The first thing we can do is get it working online for you then we can concentrate on the apps. 

We need to make sure you are using the correct log in details so the details you are using, use these to log into My Virgin Media. Are you able to see your bills? 

If not then this means you are using a secondary account. You'll need to find out the Primary account details. 

Once you have confirmed the Primary details, using Internet Explorer or Firefox, head over to anywhere.virginmedia.com 

Once here, log in using the details and select On Now, channel 4 and Watch Now. 

If the TiVo® error comes up, reboot the TiVo® for me. Does streaming work now? 

It may ask you to register the device. If it does just follow the prompts and then once registered streaming should start. 

Make sure you have cookies on and also Flash is up to date. 

Any progress on this?

Let me know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
afront
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks for the reply.

• With my login details, I can see my bills OK
  • Using Internet Explorer on my home network, I can stream live via anywhere.virginmedia.com

I then rebooted my TiVo box.

• Using my Android phone on 4G, when I try to set a programme to record I get error "Your Tivo box is not online"
  • Using my Android phone on 4G, when I try to login to TV Anywhere, I get error "Invalid username or password"

I then tried the following:

• Connect my phone to my home wifi
  • Uninstall TV Anywhere from my phone
  • Reinstall TV Anywhere to my phone
  • Sign in

This works: it logs in and I can manage my TiVo box (I have no streaming channels though).

I then disconnected from my wifi to force my phone onto 4G.

TV Anywhere app fails again - it says "Reconnecting" then claims I am not connected to the Internet (I am). I press "Try Again" and I return to the error "Invalid username or password" which is incorrect.

Sorry for the lengthy description, but this describes the problem I have had every since I got my TiVo box.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi afront, 

Thanks for coming back to me with this. 

Glad to hear that online is working for you. Atleast that's a start. 

Next up then is trying to get it to work on your Sony device. 

What version of Android is the device currently running?

As you're able to access the manage my TiVo® section via the wifi, this feature is working correctly. 

If we look at the wifi connection first of all. You say you have no streaming channels. When you attempt to stream channel 4 when connected to wifi, what error message comes up? What happens?

Are you able to set up recordings on your box when connected via wireless? You should be able to set recordings up regardless of whether you are connected via wifi or 3G/4G. 

When you get redirected back to the log in page, is your email address and password already inputted? If so, delete this and re enter your details.

Any difference?

Let me know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
afront
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

I am running Android 4.4.4 on a Sony Xperia Z2.

On my home wifi, when I click "Watch Now" on a live programme the only option I get is to "Watch on TV". Maybe this is standard for my TV M package; either way, my primary issue is that I cannot even log in to TV Anywhere when I am not on my home wifi.

On 4G or another wifi network, when the login to TV Anywhere fails, it returns to the Sign In page with the email address already filled in.

I re-enter my password, then it loops back to "Invalid username or password". I deleted my username, typed it in again with the password: same error loop.

So no - no difference Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi afront, 

Thanks for checking that for me. 

OK, looks like this is going to need to be raised to the IT team as there may well be an issue with your profile. 

The problem we have is before doing so, we need to replicate the issue. 

Give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to do this at their end. Once that's done, we can raise to IT to get resolved for you.

Let me know how the call goes.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
trips
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi afront
Is ur ' invalid username' issue resolves yet? If yes cud u pls let me know how. I have been unable to login to tvanywhere on my samsung note3 since my tivo box was replaced last week. Phoned technical support twice but they not admitting issues at their end. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a few times, changed my password couple of times. Restarted my router, rebooted tivo box. I can watch tv on my laptop with same login details but those login details wont let me login to tvanywhere. Please help.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi trips, 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue trying to log in to TV Anywhere on your Note device. 

Are you typing the details in yourself or are they being automatically entered? We have had reports that when the details are automatically entered it adds a space on. 

Make sure you delete any details already there and re type them in Smiley Happy

If you are still having an issue after this, let us know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos