Menu
DoreenLongmore
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere Problem on Galaxy S4 & ipad3

Hi,

I recently downloaded the TV Anywhere app on my Galaxy S4 and connected my Tivo box to the router. I can control all functions on the Tivo box but are unable to watch anything on my phone even though it says my device is supported? Could anybody advise on this please?

Downloaded the app onto our ipad 3 also and it doesn't play shows through the device on that either?

Thanks,

Doreen.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere Problem on Galaxy S4 & ipad3

What are you trying to watch? you can only stream live TV you can't watch recorded shows and not every channel is available for streaming the ones you can stream have a little symbol next to them

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

What are you trying to watch? you can only stream live TV you can't watch recorded shows and not every channel is available for streaming the ones you can stream have a little symbol next to them

DoreenLongmore
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

I've gone back in to have a look and there is ones with wi fi symbols next to them which do seem to work thanks. Do you know if there is there any plans in the future to include recorded shows as this was my reason for linking the box and downloading the app.

The description for the app could really do with being a little more clear as without your help i would of never realised this.

Thanks.

Doreen.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There are 2 issues with watching recordings, the Tivo has a 1 meg upload limit and it would take at a guess 24 hours to upload a 1 hours hi def show there is a hardware dongle made by tivo to overcome this

And the other issue is the broadcasters don't want you to do this, they are worried you will do evil things with the recording, indeed they are reluctant to let you stream recording between two Tivo boxes in the same house let alone streaming their precious shows over the big bad internet

0 Kudos