Menu
ajbavfc
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere Not working again

I notice that for what must be the 5th day in a row that TV anywhere not working.

I can't even access the TV guide let alone watch anything.

And it not just when the football is on!

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere Not working again

It happens during peak times. That's usually (but not exclusively) when the football is on BT Sport.

Virgin Media keep promoting TV Anywhere, so more people use it, and contention gets worse. We all know this & Virgin do too. And now BT Sport know also, as they have just responded to my letter on this issue. Virgin Media, who were also sent a copy of the letter, are of course, yet to respond.
tumi
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dear Crockret

Many thanks for keeping up the pressure. I always read your input with interest and get annoyed at the same old and very tired responses from VM. Personally I've given up (most of the time). I'm fed up spitting in the wind.

Tumi

Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I feel the same tumi, but that's exactly what these clowns want, for us to stop bothering them about it.

While Virgin Media have danced around this issue since the inception of BT Sport, with nothing going beyond lip-service, BT Sport at least, are very interested in the situation. I'm asking for access to their streams. I've no idea what their streams are like (and I don't expect their ultra-HD) but it can't be any worse than what we are having to put up with now. I doubt it will happen, but BT Sport need to know that we won't be subscribing next season when the current deal with VM expires & we have to pay for it specifically (rather than have it included in TV XL). BT Sport is the only reason I have TV XL. But I always end up watching the games on hooky streams because Virgin Media always fails to deliver. That means I'm watching ads on, say, Fox Sports rather than the ads BT Sport are taking money for, and makes me wonder why I subscribe at all, when I can get a reliable HD stream for nothing.

I'll post here how it pans out.