Menu
Chris-L
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere Not quite

Hi, I'm very new to Virgin having just moved from sky,

Not sure if I will be staying, As the TV Anywhere app, doesn't live up to billling,  1st it's not TV Anywhere, it's TV as long as you have WiFi., I have 4G iPads so I can watch what I want when I want and this isn't the case with TV Anywhere,, have to have WiFi. #pointless

Ok 2nd If you can only use on WiFi why restrict to just Two devices, 

This app is the extream weak link in virgin, why on earth is it so restricted, why with society as it is today design an app you have to be connected to WiFi with mobile Networks soon to be rolling out 5g Virgin users being left behind due to unnecessary restrictions. 

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere Not quite

ultimately it is for legal/copyright/business reasons why there is a limit. otherwise one bill is paid in say a 7 bedroom house with 20 people in it all watching different movies/sports/shows. copyright holders wouldn't be happy nor would virgin. if virgin do change the limit in the future expect to pay for the privilege per device added. sky also have a two device limit...although a further couple can be added at a cost each month.

0 Kudos
Rs101
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere Not quite

If you can tether one iPad to the other's 4G connection, you can probably watch content via 4G Smiley LOL

Sky lets you add 2 more devices for £5 a month or free with multiroom. The big difference with their device management is that if you're streaming from the Q box in the home (same as you can from the V6) you don't need to use a device slot for it.
0 Kudos