Menu
cheshirealan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere Losing Registrations

I have had the ability to use this application since Friday.

I have paid top dollar for the VIP package with 3 V6 boxes.

I have only tried in on single PC.

I have had limited success with getting it to play.

More importantly it does recognise I am on a previously registered device, it keeps asking me to reregister my device and now I can no longer use it until March 1st.

I can find no advice on the web-site. This is diabolical.

Which browsers does it really support on Windows 10.

Only IE 11 seemed to be able to play Virgin and Sky.

How do I get it to detect my device reliably and stop messing me about.

Alan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere Losing Registrations

Hi Alan,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry to read you are experiencing an issue with TV Anywhere on your PC.

The browsers you can use with TV Anywhere on a Windows PC, is Microsoft Edge or Firefox 3 or higher, which you can check on this link > Technical requirements for using Virgin TV Anywhere.

Have you got any of these browsers on your PC?

If so are you able to register on one of these to see if that will work for you?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
cheshirealan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am now operational with IE11. Any others seem to give issues, primarily Chrome.

If I try to attach with Chrome then it creates cookies which then break my IE11 access until I delete the cookies.

Now I am stable I am unwilling to try any further browsers as I kept losing the ability for changes.

0 Kudos
cheshirealan
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I forgot to say that this was debugged over the phone with one of the help desk to get to this position. It appears that the current version of Anywhere is very buggy as stated by your help desk.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

cheshirealan wrote:

I am now operational with IE11. Any others seem to give issues, primarily Chrome.

If I try to attach with Chrome then it creates cookies which then break my IE11 access until I delete the cookies.

Now I am stable I am unwilling to try any further browsers as I kept losing the ability for changes.

If you follow the link posted by Samantha you will see it clearly states Google Chrome is not supported for use with TV Anywhere

cheshirealan
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its not that its not supported it breaks other browsers from accessing it.

So, Chrome is my default but I used IE11 fro Anywhere. I went through to Sky Sports and that launched and worked in Chrome but ............. as a result it then broke my access to IE11 for Anywhere next time I used it through until I deleted the cookies from Chrome. Definitely bad use of cookies.

As a result I have had to change my default browser to avoid any issues.

0 Kudos