Menu
kennyweir
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere Issues

Hi

I use TV Anywhere on my iPad and have also setup an account for another family member to use on their Windows PC.  This has worked seamlessly for a year now, however, it's now stopped working on the Windows PC and throws an error saying "this device is not one of your registered devices" (see below).  I unregistered and re-registered the PC, but still get the same error.

TV Anywhere.JPG

Could you provide me with some advice / assistance?

Thanks

Kenny

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere Issues

Hi Kenny, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here even if the circumstances aren't the best. 

The device registration error message can come up for a few reasons. To name a few, changing browsers from the one you registered the device in, updating the browser you are using or even updating the OS on the device can cause this error to come up.

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, delete the cache, cookies and browsing history on the browser and close it. 

Re-open the browser and go back to anywhere.virginmedia.com and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. I have added a device change to your account so just follow the prompts and this will register the device for you and streaming should then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
kennyweir
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

This worked, however, can't really understand how it got to this stage as the browser hadn't been updated.

Really seems like there are a lot of problems out there with the registration piece looking at the number of posts related to it.

Regards

Kenny

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kenny, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy 

To be honest, the Device Registration can reset if you clear your cookies, browsing history or cache on the browser you are using. It can be done to a change on your account or any updates / upgrades on the app or device. This list isn't exhaustive either. 

The main thing is things are working Smiley Happy 

If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos