Menu
markwells
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 43
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere Issues - I want to watch Arsenal v Barcelona

I am away from home on a non-VM wifi connection and I am not able to even access the tv anywhere homepage. My computer is simply not recognising the page.

The justifications for the enormous recent price increases included BT Sport. I am paying the hugely increased prices but I am not watching any of the football. I am ditching Virgin Media altogether if I don't get to watch the match tonight.

Helpful Answers
gav_hay
Dialled in
Message 9 of 43
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I want to watch Arsenal v Barcelona

clerom wrote:

doesn't work on what? I just tried streaming BT Sport online and on my iPhone and both work without any issue. You need to be connected to WiFi to stream. If you're connected to a corporate connection, they could be blocking you. There's nothing wrong with the TV Anywhere service

It won't work when trying to connect using non VM broadband. It's a known problem although not one that VM appear to have any idea how to resolve. http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Anywhere-Update-on-Connection-Has-Timed-Out-prob...

All Replies
cybmole
Community elder
Message 1 of 43
Flag for a moderator

there is a problem streaming this channel...

so, watching the footie in TV anywhere on kindle fire tablet.

up comes a big red box in centre of screen saing " there is a problem streaming this channel". the game continues to stream perfectly except that it is hard to see the action with this big red error box in the centre of the screen!

so eventually i tap ok , to remove it, - & I am then told - your device is not registered ( but it is)

I am then sent to a "registration " page which just says oops something went wrong - click to go back to the app.. which has lost the channel I was watching and I have to log in again, find it again... game  is streaming OK now

Not the 1st time this has happened either - I had the spurious device not registered error a couple of weeks back on this same tablet , but playback resumed after going around the same dance as above.

so why is this happening ,when will it be fixed, does anyone at VM give a monkeys... i.e. all usual questions

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Re: there is a problem streaming this channel...

Hi cybmole,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue having to restart the app to remove this error message.

Usually, when clicking on OK, it would close the stream down but then refresh back to the TV Listings page. 

Do you get this error message every time you try streaming or only at times where there is a high demand for the footie?

Let me know. Smiley Happy
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Re: there is a problem streaming this channel...

Kath_F wrote:
Hi cybmole,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue having to restart the app to remove this error message.

Usually, when clicking on OK, it would close the stream down but then refresh back to the TV Listings page. 

Do you get this error message every time you try streaming or only at times where there is a high demand for the footie?

Let me know. Smiley Happy

i only use the app for watching football.  and this weekend I could not use it at all -as per other threads - because by logins were refused with invalid uer is/ password for > 48 hours.

What is annoying about the design is that the app continues to stream perfectly behind the "problem streaming" error message, but removing the message causes the app to restart as you say. and at other high demand times where it is visibly having problems i.e. lots of buffering - there is no such message ?

so why is reporting a problem when there isn't one or when it has already recovered ?

0 Kudos
mwilkins
Joining in
Message 4 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Anywhere

Spoiler

For the past few days now I have been trying to open up the virgin tv anywhere page on my Mac and it fails to load the page each and every time. I tried on safari and firefox but neither work. What should I do?

clerom
Up to speed
Message 6 of 43
Flag for a moderator

You can use TV Anywhere anywhere in the UK if you're connected to a WiFi or broadband. There's no reason why you can't watch BT Sport on your laptop on TV Anywhere, perhaps the WiFi you're connected to is blocking you from streaming

0 Kudos
fergs121
Tuning in
Message 7 of 43
Flag for a moderator

no the service isn't working anywhere bloody joke
clerom
Up to speed
Message 8 of 43
Flag for a moderator

doesn't work on what? I just tried streaming BT Sport online and on my iPhone and both work without any issue. You need to be connected to WiFi to stream. If you're connected to a corporate connection, they could be blocking you. There's nothing wrong with the TV Anywhere service

0 Kudos
gav_hay
Dialled in
Message 9 of 43
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

clerom wrote:

It won't work when trying to connect using non VM broadband. It's a known problem although not one that VM appear to have any idea how to resolve. http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Anywhere-Update-on-Connection-Has-Timed-Out-prob...

markwells
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 43
Flag for a moderator

It doesn't work on the computer that it is supposed to work on and has worked on (most of the time anyway) for several years. It is nothing to do with wifi or 'blocking'. The tv anywhere page cannot be reached on a registered computer with a fully working wifi.Replies saying things like "it works on mine" are unhelpful and, quite frankly, very annoying. Please don't reply unless you actually work for Virgin Media or have something useful to say.